noticed something today, on my 280CE, the paint colour

100_0920.png

430 H

now my car is this colour:

P1010052.png

But colour charts tells me it should be this colour:

114_430herbstbeige.png

430herbstbeige.png

So I went looking and sure enough found some of this original colour inside the fuel door, but whoever has painted it went to all the trouble of painting it under the bonnet, boot, inside the doors, hubcaps, etc... but didn't do inside the fuel door,

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
They are both nice and acceptable colours....

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I kinda prefer the 'beige' to the silver.....

OP
Des

Des

I kinda prefer the 'beige' to the silver.....

Yeah me too

now I "know" the paint colour is wrong, I'm going to have to go down that road of respray and new interior if I keep the car.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Yeah me too

now I "know" the paint colour is wrong, I'm going to have to go down that road of respray and new interior if I keep the car.

Don't spend that kind of money Des, unless like you said, you are serious about keeping it

OP
Des

Des

Don't spend that kind of money Des, unless like you said, you are serious about keeping it

Still not sure really, the paint is really ok for now anyway, could do it in 5-10 years time, keep it and save the money for something really interesting, like another Bentley or a real car, a RR.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Still not sure really, the paint is really ok for now anyway, could do it in 5-10 years time, keep it and save the money for something really interesting, like another Bentley or a real car, a RR.

From my limited observations..... that car (or any other for that matter) won't last 5-10 years with you :p

OP
Des

Des

From my limited observations..... that car (or any other for that matter) won't last 5-10 years with you :p

mate I have had this car 4 months, that is a "long" time for me to own a single car.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
mate I have had this car 4 months, that is a "long" time for me to own a single car.

HAHAHAHAHAHA....

Exactly my point Des....:p

OP
Des

Des

HAHAHAHAHAHA....

Exactly my point Des....:p

I don't know if you have noticed the ads in the Unique Cars mag, for the car clubs over there on the mainland where you pay about 30k a year or something and you get to drive all the cool supercars, Mercedes, Porsches, Ferrari's Ford GT etc..

Interesting concept, I wonder if there are extra hidden costs,

Would be a great way of owning a car for a week or whatever, give it back, drive something else, get bored with it, give it back etc...

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I don't know if you have noticed the ads in the Unique Cars mag, for the car clubs over there on the mainland where you pay about 30k a year or something and you get to drive all the cool supercars, Mercedes, Porsches, Ferrari's Ford GT etc..

Interesting concept, I wonder if there are extra hidden costs,

Would be a great way of owning a car for a week or whatever, give it back, drive something else, get bored with it, give it back etc...

I know the guy who started that club.
The principle is not a bad idea at all...

The "ideal' member is someone like you, who likes driving and variety at the same time ;)