Hubcap question?

More threads by 300SDude

300SDude

Will the stock Mercedes hubcaps fit over the stock bundt rims I have, or are they a different type of rim that uses the hubcaps?

Like these:

Rim

Hubcap

Thanks!

300SDude

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Dude, that's a good question, and I cerainly can't answer it right now. On my part, it would take at least a couple of days. Regards Styria

OP
300SDude

300SDude

Thanks, not particularly in a hurry about the answer.

I do like stock MB hubcaps for these cars, but was wondering if I could just pop them on over the Bundts or if they have to be different wheels all together.

300SDude

Oversize

Grand Master
I'd say the Bundt centre would hit on the back of the hubcap and the metal clips that hold the caps on would damage the alloy rims. I might remove the clips and have a look....

OP
300SDude

300SDude

I'd say the Bundt centre would hit on the back of the hubcap and the metal clips that hold the caps on would damage the alloy rims. I might remove the clips and have a look....

I wonder if I just remove the cap if it would be enough clearance.. The centers are pretty tall though.

The paint on mine aren't in horrible shape, but I wouldn't mind repainting them. I have always liked the classy look of the MB hubcaps though, so I am wondering about just getting plain rims and then taking the hubcaps in to be painted to match the color of my car.

300SDude

Lukas

I would suggest that they won't - hupcaps are usually fitted to steel rimmed wheels, and as Oversize says the Bundts would have the protruding centre cap, thicker edges, different profile, etc. Note that this is my theory only, have never actually tried it.

Sample: 126-2648_IMG.jpg

Last edited:
OP
300SDude

300SDude

I would suggest that they won't - hupcaps are usually fitted to steel rimmed wheels, and as Oversize says the Bundts would have the protruding centre cap, thicker edges, different profile, etc. Note that this is my theory only, have never actually tried it.

Sample: 126-2648_IMG.jpg

Ahh!!! I see... I THOUGHT there were different stock rims for the hubcaps other than the stock Bundt rims.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Now I know what I need to look for. (I could use 2 sets of wheels anyway).

300SDude