6.9 on E-bay [Dodgy Seller - Beware]

More threads by SELfor50

Bandolero

It's being sold under a new ebay id.
What happened to the previous buyer that bought it for over $5000.
Must've been a schill bit. (Fake bid)
Definitely shonky seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B13

If you check the feedback to the seller the 1st time round he refused to talk to the high bidder (sale price was $5800, higher than I thought it was worth) and now its relisted, similar wording and same pictures from a completely different seller.

Good luck to them, but to my mind each time petrol goes up 10c a litre, the value of cheap 6.9s drops by about $1k.

I.

oscar

So it'll eventually be a worthy proposition for a project. Ignoring all the BS beforehand it might become a decent fixer upper. Who knows, too hard to tell without looking at it up close but I'd just want the truth about its history.

B13

As so often happens with these things, it went on to sell for substantially less (for $4500) than when it was listed the 1st time ($5800)...

And no doubt if they list it again it will go for substantially less than $4500.. thats the way of evil-bay, the more something is relisted the more contempt its treated with.

Curious the bidding - both times eddierinaldo21lf is the high bidder, and in the 1st instance he's left bad feedback for the seller... I wonder if he'll do it the 2nd time around???

Eddie appears to want the car...

I.

oscar

and in the 1st instance he's left bad feedback for the seller...

I.

I didn't realsise this. I assumed the first winner was now the seller like dummy bidders operating. This means Eddie's a good guy yeah? Surely a dummy bidder wouldn't leave his buddy neg feedback.

Well I'm rootin' for Eddie now. He just saved himself $1300.:cool: I hope for his sake it falls through again and he saves some more $.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I didn't realsise this. I assumed the first winner was now the seller like dummy bidders operating. This means Eddie's a good guy yeah? Surely a dummy bidder wouldn't leave his buddy neg feedback.

Well I'm rootin' for Eddie now. He just saved himself $1300.:cool: I hope for his sake it falls through again and he saves some more $.

You never know....:confused:
The seller might decide NOT to sell and honour the deal..... again :eek:

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

B13

So is he actually trying to sell it for less for it?

"Oh no! Its gone over what I'm happy to sell it for, better list it again and hope someone bids less this time."

I.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Anyone seriously interested?

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Anyone seriously interested?

Would be if it could legally be registered...ever again.

It was written off by the insurance company, that means you can't re-register it right? Unless maybe getting it fully engineered etc... not sure though.

Either way, i'd be interested if I could pick it up for about 3k.. but other than that..not really. Prior to the write off it had already had a front end ding pulled out..if it's had another bodgy repair, that's twice now.

You thinking of going and checking it out Michel??

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Would be if it could legally be registered...ever again.

It was written off by the insurance company, that means you can't re-register it right? Unless maybe getting it fully engineered etc... not sure though.

Either way, i'd be interested if I could pick it up for about 3k.. but other than that..not really. Prior to the write off it had already had a front end ding pulled out..if it's had another bodgy repair, that's twice now.

You thinking of going and checking it out Michel??
If it was a write-off for economical reasons, it doesn't mean you cannot get it re-registered... merely the fact that you need to have it inspected (just over $400 for inspection and a wait of up to a month in NSW).

Wasn't thinking of seeing it, but I could have a look at it if anyone is interested...

oscar

My fear would be me inspecting it and thinking it was ok but the RTA inspector seeing something I didn't. Just wish there was a photo of the car after the prang to show any chassis damage.

EDIT: The original insurer who wrote it off would've taken photos wouldn't they?

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
My fear would be me inspecting it and thinking it was ok but the RTA inspector seeing something I didn't.
Not necessarily...
A good inspection would show the initiated whether there was something amiss.

Just wish there was a photo of the car after the prang to show any chassis damage.
EDIT: The original insurer who wrote it off would've taken photos wouldn't they?

Not usually... They assess it and visually write it off and that's it...

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

The seller got back to me...

Said - "car has ACT Registration, but will be sold un-registered... so that answers your 'write off question'."

WTF?! It has ACT Registration that was left on it at the time of accident..
The car may be able to get registered, but I just wouldn't wanna buy it off this dude / on e-bay especially.

...anyway... I can't afford it at the mo'. Going on a holiday.

Des

...anyway... I can't afford it at the mo'. Going on a holiday.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, with the price of petrol only racing towards $2/ltr, the banger 6.9s are only going to get cheaper, look in the papers any day and Statesmans, LTD's are all being "given away" for the prices asked.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
It allready has a bid on it :p

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
So... it sold to an eddierinaldo21lf (bidder's name) for $4500.

Anyone we know?

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Same person it's sold to everytime for the last 3-4times it's been listed.

If eddie does actually want this car, then there's something wrong...

Des

What is probably happening is the buyer and the seller are the same person

if the car does not sell, the seller has listing fees to pay, but if someone buys it then strangely enough doesn't pay, then they can file a non paying bidder dispute and get the listing and final value fee's returned to them, so they can relist it again.....

;)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
what a BS artist.......