Timber for Dash - early 116

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
As part of work on my 450SE, the timber fillets, as illustrated, should have a new owner - in other words, I want to sell them. Three pieces, top and glovebox, lovely colour, nice condition, pretty well ready to fit as is. These are quite difficult to come by, especially in good condition. $80.00 plus postage to wherever.

ebaypictures-December2008147.jpg

ebaypictures-December2008148.jpg

Regards Styria

N.B. My apologies - I have illustrated the wrong units - the ones pictured are the ones that were originally in the 450SE and I have refitted them as they were completely unmarked. Will have to dig out photos for the other units.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi everyone that so far has shown no interest - the set of timers HAS found a new owner. Thanks very much. Regards Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I am pleased to convey that this items has been sold - and it is going to a rightfully good home. Regards Styria

OzBenzHead

Master
Styria: Received in excellent order and condition just a few minutes ago - thank you. :)

Because of the stepped style of this timber, it will adorn the dash of my Crayford, which has the same stepped style but is damaged by some PO having drilled a hole for an idiot light.

I have now accumulated so many parts for der Rolfwagen that it must soon come time for stripping and reassembling. Just a few items yet to arrive from Germany and the UK, and that should do.

BYW, I've now had written confirmation from Rolf Harris's Personal Assistant (via GreaseMonkey - thanks, Chris). The PA also filled in some more of the car's history.

G

GreaseMonkey

BYW, I've now had written confirmation from Rolf Harris's Personal Assistant (via GreaseMonkey - thanks, Chris). The PA also filled in some more of the car's history.

Well it always helps to track a bit of history, you are lucky at least that your car had a famous owner, I am still trying to find more about mine.
By the way, Rolf is in the country doing radio and promoting his new book, so keep a look out in case he comes your way, although I am not sure how you would be received at a book-signing at Angus & Robertson if you turned up with a door or bonnet from an S-CLass asking for an autograph!
Nice idea though,
or you could show him your photos of the car in bits and say;
"can you tell what it is yet?"
(That's in joke for Rolf fans)
And yes, I still want the side window rubbers if you get any news.
Good luck,
Chris M.

abl567

Super Moderator
"can you tell what it is yet?"
(That's in joke for Rolf fans)

Thanks Chris:D

G

GreaseMonkey

Well if Rolf saw OBH's car photos as it looked dismantled for rebuild, maybe he couldn't tell......
C.M.

OzBenzHead

Master
[...] "can you tell what it is yet?"
(That's in joke for Rolf fans) [...] Chris M.

I was just now checking Rolf's website to see his latest Oz schedule, and found this tautology on the cover of his autobiography: "My Autobiography"!

Rolf-2.jpg

Couldn't be anyone else's could it. ::)

I thought "my autobiography" was merely a grammarian joke, but Rolf has made it real. :rolleyes:

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I must admit, OBH, to have really taken a liking to that earlier style of timber. I gave serious consideration to fitting it to the 450SE I am completing, but the timber in that car was just perfect, and it seemed a shame not to use it (as per foregoing picture). Also, there would be no matching piece for the switch panel nor the centre console - it was only the later models that had those additional features. Regards Styria

G

GreaseMonkey

I was just now checking Rolf's website to see his latest Oz schedule, and found this tautology on the cover of his autobiography: "My Autobiography"!

Rolf-2.jpg

Couldn't be anyone else's could it. ::)

I thought "my autobiography" was merely a grammarian joke, but Rolf has made it real. :rolleyes:

Hey, you're right, I have got the book, read it a while back, but never noticed that.
Although tautological, I think it is forgiveable in the context that it is written between his name and the title; Can You Tell..... so it makes some sense.
I wonder of the editors, proof readers or anyone at the publishing company pulled him up on it.
C.M.

OzBenzHead

Master
[...] I wonder of the editors, proof readers or anyone at the publishing company pulled him up on it.
C.M.
I suspect that the publisher is the culprit, actually - though it is unforgivable if so. Any decent (or even half decent) editor would expunge that "My" long before it reached the jacket designer.

Then again, it may have been the doing of the jacket designer.

I have had many arguments over text with "graphic designers" (the kind that has a college or uni qualification in GD, with Attitude) and am currently embroiled in one such. Few of the current crop understand anything at all about text; they think GD is all about pretty pictures and stunning colour, and that text is a mere irritation to their ambitions. I like to remind those know-alls that the origins of "graphic" refer, in fact, to writing - γραφικός (graphikos) - at least as much as pretty pictures. I could blather on all day, but shan't. :p