Wood Veneer / Timber Refinishing

More threads by Oversize

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Starting off through Facebook can sometimes be a more effective way.

260ebenz

Master
TK Member who has a 560SEL has had the wood trim repaired and it has been featured on Facebook very impressive restoration!

260ebenz

Master
SEL_69L the best leather conditioner to use on the burr walnut would be a non silicone product is that correct?

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
SEL_69L the best leather conditioner to use on the burr walnut would be a non silicone product is that correct?
Why?
I use a silicone based product for a good shine on lacquered timber. It gives a good shine without streaking. Try Mr Sheen! Silicone is an issue on raw timber and rubber or leather but no problems on lacquer which is not porous.
Regards,
Brian

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Just a digressing moment...

If you use a lot of silicon-based products and your car needs a bit of body repair and paint, you will cause havoc in the spray booth as silicone is vicious towards all paint products, it will cause bubbles and 'frying' and all sorts of things, even if the silicon is inside the cabin (it floats)

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
The product I was using was unlabelled, but silicone based, marketed exclusively to the auto detailing industry.
Doesn't really matter that what I had, is maybe hard to get. Equivalent retail products are OK.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Just a digressing moment...

If you use a lot of silicon-based products and your car needs a bit of body repair and paint, you will cause havoc in the spray booth as silicone is vicious towards all paint products, it will cause bubbles and 'frying' and all sorts of things, even if the silicon is inside the cabin (it floats)

Hmmm - there is not enough wood in a Benz to require more than spray of Mr Sheen - and of course it is NEVER sprayed directly onto the wood but onto a cloth and then applied ...
Michel is quite correct about too much polluting the air and settling on the car - mind you, your lungs will be sparkling clean...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XItVygvspzU
I do know a Pebble Beach winner who swears by Mr Sheen for polishing his chrome...

260ebenz

Master
Brian thanks for the tip about the Mr Sheen product will have to buy some and see the end results for myself.