K Jetronic O Rings

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Anyone know who stocks O Rings for K Jetronic Fuel Distributor Heads ?
There are two O Rings in the Pressure Regulator Valve Assembly. They hold back the " at rest" pressure.
Trying to check the resistance of the Plug Leads I found that the insides which connect to the Plugs were heavily caked with a white residue. After scraping them out with a round file , I still could not get an Ohms reading. Even putting 12 Volts through the leads , still no continuity. Engine starts and runs fine.
Plug colour is a dark Grey and look ok. They are non resistance type.

I have not seen this condition ever before ???????????

Helmet

Connoisseur
Anyone know who stocks O Rings for K Jetronic Fuel Distributor Heads ?
There are two O Rings in the Pressure Regulator Valve Assembly. They hold back the " at rest" pressure.
Trying to check the resistance of the Plug Leads I found that the insides which connect to the Plugs were heavily caked with a white residue. After scraping them out with a round file , I still could not get an Ohms reading. Even putting 12 Volts through the leads , still no continuity. Engine starts and runs fine.
Plug colour is a dark Grey and look ok. They are non resistance type.

I have not seen this condition ever before ???????????

If the engine starts and runs fine why are you checking the resistance of the leads ? Are they genuine leads or silicon?
Motec's link is a good if you are going to rebuild the fuel head, I'm sure I could find a coupe of orings that will do the job. Call past with the valve if you want.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Thanks Helmet
when I tried to check the resistance of the leads they were heavily caked with a white powdery substance up inside where they connect to the plugs. They are black leads and I'm sure are not the correct 1 Ohm for the car. I can't figure why I can't get a reading ie no continuity, even with 12 v through them ? I still have an intermittent reluctant start Hot.

I'm determined to have the car run as the designer intended !
Besides I have nothing else to do in retirement.

In my eightieth year " The spirit is willing but the body is weak ! "

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, you sound like a defeated man, or someone that's throwing in a towel ! :D We don't want to know what your poor body is like. I mean I have seen you in real life, met you personally, and saw you jumping around like an eighty one year old. Anyway, end of psychology tutorial.

Regarding your problem, are we talking about your 380 ? Yes, as Helmet says, why are you checking your leads ? If in doubt, why not just renew them ? In my opinion, good, well performing leads, are a perfect start to a well running and tuned engine. Regards. Styria