Bosch K-Jetronic

More threads by SELfor50

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Cam2, what a great find for the budding mechanic - I have already printed out the 2nd article which consists of about ten pages and, hopefully, in the not too distant future, it may become part of our Resources section. Thanks Buddy. Regards Styria

WGB

The M-100 site has the M-B workshop manual for K-Jet diagnosis and testing available to members but these files are much more readable and clearer.

I have always worked on the principle that if you think it is the K-jet check the ignition system again and so far have been lucky with that theory with the exception of one auxillary air valve.

There is also a Bosch Publication which is a very clear read and I do own a copy which I used to diagnose my auxillary air valve problem but haven't been able to locate my copy of it in recent months.

Bill

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

The M-100 site has the M-B workshop manual for K-Jet diagnosis and testing available to members but these files are much more readable and clearer.

I have always worked on the principle that if you think it is the K-jet check the ignition system again and so far have been lucky with that theory with the exception of one auxillary air valve.

There is also a Bosch Publication which is a very clear read and I do own a copy which I used to diagnose my auxillary air valve problem but haven't been able to locate my copy of it in recent months.

Bill

In this case it's not Diagnosis - it's searching for possible HP increase. I've been told by several people that the K-Jet has great potential cause of the simplicity of it, you just need to increase the air flow.. not talking bout forced induction, but increasing the gap between the sensor plate / manifold etc.

There is f*k all space under that top plate where it goes back to the manifold etc. Apparently if you increase the flow through there (by raising it all up and increasing the flow) you can get really good HP increases..

Thoughts?! Have you noticed any specific 'tinkers' that have increased the responsiveness Dr Bill??

marie_70

cannot open the link
does any body as a issue to get it ?
regards
igor