componant K Jetronic

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
My 107 SL has a 280 110 engine with K Jetronic and all is well. But....
I would like to know what the componant ( cannister ) is for that has two steel pipe connections ( Fuel line) and a thin plastic tube from the air intake tube i.e.,. air intake flow / speed. .. Not vacumm. My guess is that it effects the mixture as the revs rise ? ? It is bolted to the rear of the inlet manifold.
Thanks Sean

Oversize

Grand Master
Warm up (fuel pressure) regulator?? My guess without pics....

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, a picture would be helpful. If you go to the Technical Section and click onto Bosch K-Jetronic, you may well be able to identify the part. Are you experiencing any problems, and why do you ask about this particular part ? Let us know if you can. Regards Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Problem is that none of the pictures of K Jetronic componants look anything like the unit. I can't see it being connected to warm up as there is no heat element involved either by electricaly timed signal or by metal strip via heat from head or block. Just a thin air flow tube from the intake "upstream " from the air flow meter. That is the unit gets a signal as the air flow / air speed increases. Also next to it there is a connection to draw fumes from the valve cover. The metal pipes (Fuel ?) disappear under the manifold never to be seen again ! Seems to me to be a diaghram type valve responding to air speed ? I'll post a photo if I can work out how to. Thanks Sean

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
No not experiencing any problems, I just like to know the system if something comes up. Eg., It took me a few frustrating hours to find the relay for the fuel pump, not behind the glove box as per the inter net sites ! Found the fan relay but have no idea where the other relays are hidden. As a Grey Import some information is hard to come by. Still it is a very nice car and well sorted now.
Thanks Sean

WGB

Fuel pump relay for a Euro 116 SEL 450 is in the fuse box under the fuses from memory.

Give us a picture - even a camera phone picture of your cannister.

Bill

Styria

The Godfather
Fuel pump relay for a Euro 116 SEL 450 is in the fuse box under the fuses from memory.

Give us a picture - even a camera phone picture of your cannister.

Bill

Bill, we've now got a picture on a new thread. Personally, I don't know the component (have seen them before), but not sure of its function. Will look into that, but you might be more experienced in identifying the component. It doesn't seem to be evident with all engines. Regards Styria