componant picture

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
:) Hopefully added a pretty picture of the cannister controled by air tube from hose connection to the valve cover which evacuates the fumes. Sean

Attachments

• IMG_1268[1].JPG
    IMG_1268[1].JPG
    463.1 KB · Views: 15

Styria

The Godfather
So Sean, what is the unit doing wrong, or what problems are you experiencing ? Regards Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
No Problems Styria, I just wan't to know what it is for. As I do 99% of my own work, I need to know where and what the sensors etc., etc. are , and for. I don't understand the unit being controled by air flow/speed and not a vacumm source. An enrichment device would be more responsive to engine load ie vacumm. I've been all through various K Jetronic web sites and can't see this unit on any of them except for a picture of a Euro 110 engine where it is clearly visable.
On modern vehicles there are sites that show and identify sensors , relays and locations. Under the bonnet of a modern , unfamiliar , car is like looking into the back of a T. V. Set ! ..............Sean

Oversize

Grand Master
Isn't that a fuel pressure regulator that alters pressure depending on engine load/vacuum??

BTW if we wanna be accurate, it's spelt 'componEnt'!! :)