Houston - we've got a problem

More threads by WGB

WGB

I was hoping to post my new rear seat leather pictures here tonight but at the 11th hour while tucking in the side panels to the back rest I found they didn't fit - Buggar.

Initially I assumed that becuse I have the electric rear reclining seat - which is not common in 116's - that it may have been a 126 pattern or something but just before I attacked the panels with a sharp instrument to re-arrange them I noticed that GAHH appear to have sewn the wrong panels on the wrong ends so that they are reversed and what should be the longer portion is the shorter and vice versa.

Here is a photo with the old cover sitting on top of the new cover which is on the frame showing the incorrect shape of the end you can see that the frame pokes out to left of photograph and that there is a surplus at the other end.

Seatcoverproblem.jpg

Anyway in true DIY spirit I have picked apart the seams to these panels and when the shops open tomorrow I will purchase appropriate thread and hand stitch them back together the correct way around. (I do have a degree in Surgery).

I also put my back out today so a couple of days rest before I lug these seats back into the car will be gratefully received. These seat parts are considerably heavier than the usual rear seats and awkward to mount properly.

Bill

s class

Gee - that is a disappointment. Is the problem found only on the one side, or both?

Parks

Hi Bill, wow i am surprised, Id be happy to fix it for you, I will even pay for postage or if you dont want to do that , take it to the local trimmers to change them cos it will only take 10mins whereas it will take a lot longer to hand stitch, I will be letting GAHH know about this aswell.......regards Brent

OP
WGB

WGB

Gee - that is a disappointment. Is the problem found only on the one side, or both?

The ends are swapped with each other so it should be just a matter of restitching them in their opposite and reversed respective positions.

Thanks for the offer Parks but I cn stitch them up tonight while watching the tele and as my back is playing up it will give me a much needed rest.

Bill

Parks

ok Bill if you choose to change your mind the offer is still open, just make sure when re attaching them that you line up the corresponding attachment marks, there should be little tiny "V" cuts that will line up to match the two together.....regards Brent

OP
WGB

WGB

ok Bill if you choose to change your mind the offer is still open, just make sure when re attaching them that you line up the corresponding attachment marks, there should be little tiny "V" cuts that will line up to match the two together.....regards Brent

Hi Parks,

Only spotted your post this morning after finishing the job (7 1/2 hours of hand stitching in a nice airconditioned room watching the cricket) but I had independantly seen those small cutouts.

They didn't line up with anything so I am assuming the original cutout was the error not the person who stitched it.

Seat back is now all together (and looks pretty good) but my back is too painful to put the seat back in the car today.

Bill