Got me a chin spoiler finally...

More threads by Nütz

Nütz

...even though it's not the one I really wanted. Realized after the fact that iit's a complete bumper replacement. Don't know where to go from here if I can't locate at least the rear valance. Skirts maybe can be located off a W126.

Lorinser BTW

lorinzer.jpg

lorinzer2.jpg

lorinzer3.jpg

Mercedes%20W116%20Body%20kit%20front%20silver%20car%20View.jpg

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Nice spoiler Nutz.

I've never seen that variety, especially the ones that replace the entire bumper.
I have the AMG style repo available here (from Styria).
11-5.jpg
I have seen W126 side skirts come up on eBay regularly, however, they are for an SE and not the LWB.

What is yours?

OP
Nütz

Nütz

I'm mounting it to my '74 450SE. Seems prudent as I have a Magna Charger mp90 supercharger on the way for it as well ;)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I'm mounting it to my '74 450SE. Seems prudent as I have a Magna Charger mp90 supercharger on the way for it as well ;)

How would you adapt a supercharger on a Benz?

OP
Nütz

Nütz

How would you adapt a supercharger on a Benz?

Fab, fab, fab.....

Fabricate a custom intake manifold for starters with the plate just high enough to clear the top and pitched/offset enough to clear the distributor with still being able to close the bonnett without having to form a 'bulge'.

Larger injectors and tweeking of the stock D Jet or just install a stand alone fuel management system such as Megasquirt.

Rising rate fuel pressure regulator.

Copper head gaskets to counter the boost.

Fab a crank pulley.

Electric cooling fans in place of the stock.

Etc...

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
And those are for a W126 not the W116.

The front and rear bumper cover and aero parts shown were well 'after market' in that they were made after the introduction of the W126 and were made to modernise the look of the W116s and make them look like the W126s.

slight modifications and they will fit

OP
Nütz

Nütz

Update:

This was a no go. After lurking around my mail box for a couple of weeks, the seller from Austria finally contacts me and that it will be around $1400 to ship them to me. Needless to say, I just wasn't that in love with the bumper covers and got a refund.

I did however purchase some Euro bumpers and am waiting for them. Seller (different) was about to try and rape me for $600 shipping via FEDEX, although on the eBay auction he stated free shipping on 'buy it now' ( this is on eBay BTW ) to the US. Guess Hawaii is now not considered part of the US :rolleyes: Anyway, I said to box them up and go to USPS and get the dimensions. At this point, I may just about spend whatever to get these hideous US bumpers off.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Nutz, do you have a further update on this project ? You may well find that shipping from Australia is cheaper than from Europe. Regards Styria

OP
Nütz

Nütz

Yes, but it has been stalled due to lack of hardware, which I now have. Attempting to wrap it up this weekend if rain stops.

attemptagain.jpg

redbump2.jpg

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Nutz, lovely coloured car - mind you, front bumpers need the 'caliper treatment' - as in re-positioning, and your rear bumper has got a couple of thingies missing - well, you know, just about half the bar. :) Regards Styria