Grosser info for the boss please

More threads by Tony66_au

Tony66_au

*Sigh* The Boss, AKA She who must be obeyed AKA Jenna was watching X men on DVD last night and called me in to identify a Mercedes she really really wants.

It was a Grosser of some sort, short wheel base.

I explained what I could, pro's and con's but she made certain demands of me last night and I must comply..... :eek:

Sadly my knowledge on this model extends to what I read on Wikipedia (Bugger all) and identifying the model so I defer to the superior minds here at Topklasse and ask for your help and photos if possible.

Prices, Pro's and Con's too if possible.

Tony

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

By the way, I endeavoured to sway her towards a 6.9 450 and even showed her Blue flame on Youtube with the sound turned up but she would not be swayed.

WiSeGuYY

LOL TONY that is deep , i'll try to find some info , but price , forget it man can't help . but it will not b cheap my friend.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Part one of two. Try not to be distracted by the girl in the background! I had to watch this several times before I realized there was people talking in the foreground; about cars too!!!! ;) Now somewhere in parts one or two they talk about repair and servicing costs. OMG!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVDKztQ-n1U&feature=relmfu

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Ta guys, I heard that the hydraulics were both expensive and at times difficult to repair.

So now the research begins

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Part 2 for the service bill of the Grosser and I missed the girl.

He did say that there was a bit wrong that needed repair and id think that you could cut the bill in half if you sourced the parts yourself and did your own spannering.

The M100 page though is fantastic and shows all the goodies and specs, this raised a number of questions from my wife including why youd want to raise the car 2 inches at the tough of a lever, My reply was that it was for chasing and mowing down recalcitrant plantation workers who inconsiderately fled across the fields.

Her reply was unprintable.

Oversize

Grand Master
A 6.3 is a comparitive bargain! And the 6.9s are a steal! Sadly repair costs are not (hence the high dumpage rate), but still far cheaper than a leaky 600! :eek:

Common is the senario where 6.3 and 6.9 owners know they're an awfull lot of car for the money, but cannot afford their up-keep. So rather than sell, they leave them in a corner of the garage (if the car's lucky enough), grovelling on all fours....

Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
V12 Jags are easy to fix.... you just have to transplant a small block Chev!! ;)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Tony,

Wait till the Godfather sees this thread.

My recommendation is walk away...

Explain to the Boss that you might have to sell the family home in order to:
1- Buy the right Grosser...
2- Fix the Grosser (that you thought was a steal).

Run buddy, run...

ScaredSmiley.gif

Some useful threads...

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/lot/?id=ED1DBLQ412P65739

http://www.fantasyjunction.com/cars/805-Mercedes-Benz-600 Sedan-6.3 Litre V8

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merc...3884966?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item415f6d7c26

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merc...0616127?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item336eb3e7bf

Helmet

Connoisseur
I remember getting a price for a RH front door window switch bank for a 600 about 15 years ago. I was quoted $20,000.00 by MB Australia :eek:
Lucky it could be repaired for a fraction of the cost :D

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Michel I actually did just that (explained expense, heartache and fiscal pain) and she didn't batt an eyelid so now its down to setting a few goals for Jenn as she has to pay for it if she wants it although I suspect that her existing market savvy with the 450SEL 6.9 prices may sway her away from a Grosser.

Its been a learning experience for me anyway and has taught me to pooh pooh any troublesome cars she see's on telly BEFORE it gets to this stage.

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Ta Des, Ive been using the Movie car database for a while and its a great resource.

Actually the last time i used it was to check some anomalies with a W126 used in a Bruce Willis movie.

Des

the one where he asks if it has an airbag? Die hard with a vengeance

a second before crashing through the bridge

Oversize

Grand Master
Boy are you gonna get it from Styria!! Hahahahaha! ;)