Grosser info for the boss please

More threads by Tony66_au

Oversize

Grand Master
Nah Tony better watch out.... A Grosser on a budget?? Baaaaahahahahahaha (No offence) hahahahaha! :D

Styria

The Godfather
A 6.3 is a comparitive bargain! And the 6.9s are a steal! Sadly repair costs are not (hence the high dumpage rate), but still far cheaper than a leaky 600! :eek:

Common is the senario where 6.3 and 6.9 owners know they're an awfull lot of car for the money, but cannot afford their up-keep. So rather than sell, they leave them in a corner of the garage (if the car's lucky enough), grovelling on all fours....

That's where the car's problems start. The owner finds it too expensive to buy the parts, so he leaves it in a corner of the garage (to use your terminology), and when he then wants to sell, no one will give him any decent money because of the work that's needed. It's a vicious cycle and, as I said, the car suffers - no one else. Regards Styria

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

A valid concern Styria and one I already share which was why I embarked on this course of education, I will add that this isn't something that will happen in the short term as I set a line in the sand that will be adhered to regarding the 3 W116's I already have to be up and running on club reg or parted out if absolutely necessary to the survival of the other cars.

I would also begin collecting technical data and passing copies to my Hydraulic guy who is an old school mix of engineer, fabricator and mechanic who has worked wonders on projects for me previously and often thinks outside the square not unlike the guys who replace accumulator valves with SLS spheres although Phil is huge on the finer details such as pressure and so on.

Phil also machines and scratch builds stuff.

Either way I cant see this becoming a reality for 5 years as I couldn't justify spending what little disposable income we now have on a project that we may not be able to finish.