FS: 1 x M100 (6.9) Modified Intake Manifold & Injectors

More threads by SELfor50

SELfor50

I have the modified intake manifold of my old 6.9 engine with the M117 560 throttle body attached. It is at least 5mm larger than the standard 6.9 throttle body.
Manifold baseplate that the TB connects to has also been bored / machined out to match the throttle body.
Can source manifold gaskets for you if you wish, but these can also be purchased from MB Spares or somewhere else by yourself.
Manifold will simply be bolt off / bolt on HP increase - I guarantee you
$750 ONO PM me if you're interested and I can send pics.

I have a set of 6.9 Injectors (Bosch 286) that are the closes thing to new (without buying new) you will find and will sell for $25 per injector. They've been cleaned up and are in perfect condition.
Can provide new injector seals with them for cost of seals (can confirm on request) but seals on them are pretty darn new.

If someone wants to take the lot then price is negotiable. ;)

Naturally freight is on top of that too. :)

Styria

The Godfather
Hi SELfor50, that sounds like an excellent buy - I mean, it's always nice to have that extra horsepower on 'toe'. Did you ever carry out a Dyno Test with that Inlet Manifold fitted ? You might be able to tell us details of the gain in hp/torque and if it affected fuel consumption. Regards Styria

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Hi SELfor50, that sounds like an excellent buy - I mean, it's always nice to have that extra horsepower on 'toe'. Did you ever carry out a Dyno Test with that Inlet Manifold fitted ? You might be able to tell us details of the gain in hp/torque and if it affected fuel consumption. Regards Styria

The previous owner did a dyno run with that manifold installed.
It had a 280SE exhaust fitted (as it hadn't been upgraded after the install of the 6.9 engine into the SE body). And no other modifications.. just the throttle body.

From memory it was dyno'd at a bit over 210rwhp. I'd always made the assumption that with the exhaust I have on now and some tweaking of the mixture / timing, close to 220-230 rwhp is possible with that manifold.

AS for torques.. unsure. Will have to speak with the PO for a copy of the dyno sheet.

Oversize

Grand Master
Hi SELfor50, I need to replace the mixer on my Euro & though it might be a good time to look at the manifold / throttle body at the same time. I'd use a Holley 750 squarebore with mechanical secondaries as the throttle plate with an Impco 425 mixer, but I'm not sure if I'll get them under the bonnet.... Not even sure if one mixer will be enough, with some of the (naturally aspirated) mods I have in mind. :D Yes, I am interested but would like to see some pics first. I'll send a PM2U.

Last edited:
OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Hi SELfor50, I need to replace the mixer on my Euro & though it might be a good time to look at the manifold / throttle body at the same time. I'd use a Holley 750 squarebore with mechanical secondaries as the throttle plate with an Impco 425 mixer, but I'm not sure if I'll get them under the bonnet.... Not even sure if one mixer will be enough, with some of the (naturally aspirated) mods I have in mind. :D Yes, I am interested but would like to see some pics first. I'll send a PM2U.

PM replied to mate.

Will post pics up here also, once back home and done.

Sounds like you've got a few interesting ideas about mods.. Will be very interesting to see how these go. I'm getting excited knowing that now there is a number of people getting psyched up to mod their M100 powerplants.. :cool::cool::cool:

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Pics of Modified manifold VS standard manifold / throttle body.

Standard
standard69manifold.jpg

Side by Side
manifolds-sidebyside.jpg

Top View of Manifold with 560 Throttle Body fitted
modifiedmanifold-topview-560SELthrottlebody.jpg

Side of 560 Throttle Body that has connection point for a TPS.
Modifiedmanifold-TPSconnection.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: I have only just realised also that if the buyer intends to continue to use K-Jet then you will need the Air Flow Sensor plate thingy (from 560SEL also) that has the bigger connecter for the throttle body.
I have one that can go with it, but it will be a few bucks extra.

Cam.

Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
What ever happened to Cams stuff??

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
He sold it but to who i have no idea. I have his AMG front spoiler