FS: M100 Engine & Gearbox

More threads by SELfor50

SELfor50

Hey All,

Doing some cleaning out and downsizing, so have the following items up for sale.

M100 6.9L Engine - Euro
Items included are block, heads, rocker covers, 8 lifters, cam sprockets, water pump, all valve springs etc.
Items not included are; Camshafts, 8 Lifters, 8 Injectors, alternator, exhaust manifold (can include euro LHD manifold if you wish), base oil container plug (that the oil line fits to on the bottom - this can be sourced as a new part if you wish).
Basically everything except half the lifters, the injectors and cams.
I can source you a pair of camshafts, and if you are willing to pay for the modificaion I can actually source the buyer a pair of performance cams (nice and lumpy).

6.9 Gearbox
Everything included required for the gearbox, can even throw in a transmission service kit as well.

Asking for $2700 ONO for the lot as is, or am open to offers for individual items. If you require a specific part of the engine (heads, injectors, lifters, cam sprockets, water pump etc etc) I am sorta open to offers also, but would prefer to sell it as a bulk lot.

Engine was working absolutely fine when installed and was dynoed at 220HP at the Rear Wheels with stock 450SE exhaust system.
A little bit of smoke on over-run (nothing out of the ordinary, and valve stem seals would fix this).
It also has a 560SEL throttle body already fitted and modified (the intake manifold and all connections for throttle body had to be modified / widened to fit the throttle body) which provides a greater area for intake to breath.
Engine had new timing chain installed about 15000km's prior to removal from car. To my knowledge this engine had about 230,000km's on it.

As you all know, the only reason this engine was removed was due to the install of the New Old Stock engine that is currently in my 450SE 6.9.

Any questions, let me know. A few photos as follows, these are the only one's I could find (i'm sure I have more somewhere) but can provide others on request.

DSC_0305.jpg
DSC_0310.jpg
DSC_0311.jpg

Cheers,
Cam.

Des

Hey Cam

just the thing for someone to build a R107 beast :cool:

What always fascinated me was the sheer size of the M100 motor, should be in an aircraft, or a truck,

good luck with the sale

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I remember reading quite an extensive article in the American Star Magazine on a Pagoda with a 6.3 engine. I guess the car would have been quite nose heavy!

Brings to mind an aircraft I saw at Fairburn airport about 12 years ago .... a thing called a Dartstang ... which was a Mustang P51 - the Packard Merlin was removed and a Rolls Royce Dart turboprop fitted, which produced a lot more power from a much smaller and lighter engine. Because the engine was so light, it was mounted about 2 feet further forward of the ####pit to retain the original centre of balance and thrust line of the engine. The aircraft looked quite odd. I never actually heard of it flying. Maybe it failed to obtain a C. of A.

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Transmission has been sold, price now reduced for engine only sale...
And most likely the Intake Manifold with 560Throttle Body modification will also be sold separetly leaving it with a standard intake manifold.

Cam

Oversize

Grand Master
Cam,

Is there much corrosion in the cooling system? How much for the engine, plus freight & insurance to Melbourne, Australia?

Mark

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Cooling system to my knowledge and what I can see is fine. Haven't ripped the heads off, but it was sitting at normal operating temp when it was installed. With no issues.

If you want the engine, as is - with items stated below. Happy to sell for $1400 for the lot + freight. PM me if you're interested or have a counter offer.

Cheers,
Cam.