Barn find in The Netherlands

More threads by BenzBoy

abl567

Super Moderator
Can I bring the Kubota? We can check under carriages👍

On barn finds, to my eternal shame I got the 6.3 out of the garage today, after sitting idle since Ruby's year 10 formal, so 2.5 years, it was dirtier than the cars in those images.

Gave it a wash then spluttered my way down to the servo on Putty Road, about 2 kms away. It died just as I turned into the driveway so I coasted to the bowser, 98L of BP ultimate and a litre of ATF in the flaring transmission and it was back to its old self. It actually rides better that the S500, no doubt due to 70 not 45 series tyres.

I was considering selling due to the lack of use, but I think I'll start using it and consider a lack of selling😛

abl567

Super Moderator
I'll post some pics once I at least clay bar it, I did the grille today and there was a mirror under all the dirt, even after a wash.
I think I'll drive it to work in Seven Hills Tuesday, I have a pretty good commute, 80k's most of the way and some stop/start for the last few to prove it's as reliable (touch wood) as it has been in the past.
I bought it in June 2006. It had 124k miles then, today it clicked over to 165k. Only twice has it been on a tilt tray, once with a rusty tank that blocked the strainer and once with a split fuel hose pouring fuel on the road.
I've hijacked this thread haven't I? Best I start a new one.