I just cant find it!

More threads by BenzLover

BenzLover

Benz Whisperer
Gentleman.
God knows Ive tried but I'm unable to find the MB harness that would provide power to the antenna.
I have taken several pictures.If anyone recognizes the proper MB harness please let me know.:eek:
The radio on board is an after market and the electric antenna was never connected.:confused:

Here are the pictures http://img100.imageshack.us/g/img1306yr.jpg/
Any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers
Big Dan

Tony66_au

I assume this is to power the antennae amplifier or is it to activate the electric aerial?

IS your aerial semi auto or full auto?

And I believe that Benz's don't quite work the same as most cars when it comes to the radio antennae so I will have a look at my schematics and see what colour the wire will be if it actually exists.

this is for a W116 yes?

Tony

OP
BenzLover

BenzLover

Benz Whisperer
G'dayTony.

The antenna is fully automatic and its for a w126.I also left you a message on private.
Cheers mate.
Big Dan

Styria

The Godfather
Hi BenzLover, I suspect that I am not going to be of great help to you in this instance. Had the problem recently of not having a feeder wire for the electric antenna in the back of a 6.9. We couldn't work out why, so in the end we ran a wire direct from behind the stereo unit to inside the boot - after removal of carpets, back seat etc. etc. That might give you a clue. Regards Styria

OP
BenzLover

BenzLover

Benz Whisperer
Hi BenzLover, I suspect that I am not going to be of great help to you in this instance. Had the problem recently of not having a feeder wire for the electric antenna in the back of a 6.9. We couldn't work out why, so in the end we ran a wire direct from behind the stereo unit to inside the boot - after removal of carpets, back seat etc. etc. That might give you a clue. Regards Styria

Hi Styria.
Well I must say that I have received so much help from so many Ozzy friends I remain very confident that I will soon see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Cheers
and thanks
Dan

OP
BenzLover

BenzLover

Benz Whisperer
DONE!!
I finally got the darn wire connected.What a mess it was.The original MB harness was so far back towards the fire wall if you did not pay attention and look way back you would never see it.
Thanks Gentleman.Your help was much appreciated.:cool:

Cheers

Styria

The Godfather
Dan old boy, Be a good fellow and enlighten us on the colour of the wire?

Yep, I'll second that - it may just save hours and hoodles of work at future times feeding a new wire from front to back. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
A pic wouldn't go astray either.... ;) Dan are you talking about the firewall between the engine & passenger area, or somewhere else?

OP
BenzLover

BenzLover

Benz Whisperer
The color of the wire was solid brown with a blue line on it.It was a single wire and had a clip insert on it to connect at the back of a Becker radio.

Gentleman I will post a picture very shortly.
Thanks so much for all the help.

Tony66_au

Brown/Blue trace... Got it!

I was looking at The Brown Bomber today thinking I should put an Auto aerial on it but the Bosch rubber duckie unit on it now works so damned well I can hear 3AW and ABC here in Gippy so I may leave well enough alone for now.