Another 6.9 for sale

More threads by motec 6.9

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
Although it looks a little sad, I'm sure this could be back on the road in no time (as long as you're not going through a separation)!!!! Just needs a little TLC and a respray to blue!!!! What was it with the 70s and brown????? :eek:

Tony66_au

Topaz brown isnt too bad in the flesh, Took me a while to get used to my SE and I was originally going to respray it black and add a black interior but it grows on you with a few exterior touches such as the dreaded stainless wheel arch trim.

Oversize

Grand Master
I really don't think steam cleaning will do the job of removing mould, so it's likely the interior will need to be replaced. Although this may put many prospective owners off, you must remember that these cars are over 30 years old now and the interior materials were never designed to last that long anyway. Nothing better than the sweet sent of that new upolstery and carpets too! At least the dash hasn't cracked!

Spheres are just a maintenance item on a 6.9 and I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to trace the source of the leak down / slow pump up problem.

Rust is often a problem in these cars too, so all owners are well advised to seek a mate who does good panel work!!! :D

If I had the money and space, I'd buy it for the first aid kit and the manuals alone!!! Haha!

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
If I had the money and space, I'd buy it for the first aid kit and the manuals alone!!! Haha!

You're not allowed to buy anymore 6.9s ! :p

Oversize

Grand Master
Too late!!!!! :eek:

Burty

Yet there is another 6.9 on Ebay , a gold one in QLD , not sure if it is a 6.9 , will have to rely on the experts on this site , no badge or wipers on the headlights???
Any one shed some light on this one. Interior looks good to an uneducated viewer..

WiSeGuYY

Hi MARK , i wonder if too late means you got this one too?? if yes how many 6.9 will satisfy your need and feel that is enough?? i can count 5 in your collection beside th other ones .
REGARDS.

TAREK

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Yet there is another 6.9 on Ebay , a gold one in QLD , not sure if it is a 6.9 , will have to rely on the experts on this site , no badge or wipers on the headlights???
Any one shed some light on this one. Interior looks good to an uneducated viewer..

The VIN doesn't match a 6.9 nor does the engine bay show it.

I have already sent a message to the seller pointing out the fact.

Let's see what he says :rolleyes:

Oversize

Grand Master
All I can say is there must be many MB 450 owners out there that THINK they have a 6.9, but sadly they do not.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mercedes...-/170691491324?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item27be0175fc

This one definitely isn't an M100 and it's immediately obvious by checking the engine number. The cynic in me would say that they're trying to pull a swifty by portraying the car as a 6.9. After all, how could they get the correct parts for servicing?? The optimist in me says that they know very little about these cars and they get it serviced by someone else. Maybe the topic's never come up that the owner thinks they have a MB big block.... :eek:

Oversize

Grand Master
Hi Tarek, yes I did buy another one (but not this brown one) and that's reflected in my updated signature. I now have five and that's more than enough!! I also have a nice-ish gold 450SEL that's not listed. It looks good from afar, but it has some nasty rust problems. I got it very cheap with the purchase of my recent 6.9. I didn't really want it, but it does have some really good mouldings, so I thought it might be good for parts. The interior's only fair and I'm having difficulty finding the build date. The date on the compliance plate is missing, or weathered away. Pics to follow when I pick it up and transport it to my storage area. :)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
All I can say is there must be many MB 450 owners out there that THINK they have a 6.9, but sadly they do not.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mercedes...-/170691491324?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item27be0175fc

This one definitely isn't an M100 and it's immediately obvious by checking the engine number. The cynic in me would say that they're trying to pull a swifty by portraying the car as a 6.9. After all, how could they get the correct parts for servicing?? The optimist in me says that they know very little about these cars and they get it serviced by someone else. Maybe the topic's never come up that the owner thinks they have a MB big block.... :eek:

Already emailed they owner who responded by saying he didn't know and that the PO told him it was.

He was going to get that checked.. :D

Oversize

Grand Master
Buyer be(a)ware!!! I note that the ad has now been withdrawn.... It still might be a good car, just not what they thought. :(

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well, he seems like a gentleman and his feedback is 100% positive albeit just 26.

He sent me another message

And I quote with spelling and grammatical errors

"Dear ozmichel,

Sory but you like many others has been realise I advertise my car wrong thats wy I removed the car to readvertise it in the rigth maner because I make an anvoluntary mistake because when I purchsed the car the last owner told me the engine size was 6.9 litre and I did not know a 6.9 sub model exist but the car will be relisted tonigth with the rigth description thanks carlos

- carlosm01carlos"

Unquote

WiSeGuYY

To MARK , Congrat for the new purchase , hope you enjoy it.
To MICHEL , HOLAAA you are GOOD man.

REGARDS.

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
I think that Carlos may have been advertising the 'Big Block' 450 - I guess when you come to think of it, unless one is familiar with these cars as we are, how on earth would you notice the difference between a 450 and a 6.9 ? I guess you'd have no idea. But then again any prospective buyer of a 6.9 would know what he is looking for. So, buyer beware, that's all I can say. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
When I started my apprenticeship, I couldn't tell the difference between ANY of them! W123, W108, W116, W126 etc. Only subtle differences to my (very) untrained eye!

Last edited: