Yet another '6.9' on Ebay

More threads by Oversize

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I allreay sent him a message this morning telling him it isn't a 6.9:rolleyes:

260ebenz

Master
I was looking at Ebay yesterday and noticed the 450SEL for sale you can it is not a 6.9 there is no 6.9 badge on the right hand side of the boot.

$2,500 needs a new fuel pump and unregistered as well.

Tony66_au

What I look for, Headlight wipers and dipstick.

Sadly on this one there are no engine shots.

6.9 badges can and are removed/souvenired , Full Hydro was an option in the M117 450's and although rare isnt definitive.

However if it has a dipstick then it isnt dry sumped is it............................

And THAT is my benchmark.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
What I look for, Headlight wipers and dipstick.

Sadly on this one there are no engine shots.

6.9 badges can and are removed/souvenired , Full Hydro was an option in the M117 450's and although rare isnt definitive.

However if it has a dipstick then it isnt dry sumped is it............................

And THAT is my benchmark.

All is well Tony, but he did publish a VIN and that is definitely NOT a 6.9 VIN.

WiSeGuYY

I agree with MICHEL , the VIN and code for car is the only judge for the ENGINE , unless you go change it to another , but also if you sell a 6.9 the east is to post the engine, otherwise you donno what you talk about.

TONY , the guy wrote the fuel pump will be included in the price.

REGARDS

TAREK

Tony66_au

The guy actually phoned me this afternoon to tell me it wasnt a 6.9, he explained that the car was listed by someone on his behalf and they got it wrong and we spent a while chatting about his car and I answered a few questions for him as well.

It seems that the fuel pump may not be faulty as the supply wire was showing zero volts but I also hadn't told him how to fire the pump up with the engine off as he kept getting interrupted by phonecalls.

Long story short he also had a bad back which makes it difficult to work on the car although i impressed on him the importance of selling a running car especially for $2500.

I will probably email him the method of triggering the pump but im wondering if it isnt perhaps a faulty relay as well but with one thing and another and this damned flu my heads a bit thick this week lol.

WiSeGuYY

TONY i guess you have a 450 in your collection unless you want to compete with MARK of who have the long 116 fleet i suggest you focus on yours a bit , long time you stopped posting of your collection.

REGARDS

TAREK

Tony66_au

TONY i guess you have a 450 in your collection unless you want to compete with MARK of who have the long 116 fleet i suggest you focus on yours a bit , long time you stopped posting of your collection.

REGARDS

TAREK

Well Tarek its like this you see,

I currently have 4 W116's, 3 x 450's including an SE and 1 x 280S.

Being a family man of modest means and great skill I prioritise my projects carefully and I have One car ready and waiting for club registration and apart from a New windscreen this car is ready to be driven the roads of country Victoria.

To be perfect it also needs a few finishing touches but my responsibilities as a Father and Husband mean that the cars come last when it comes to funds allocation and I make no exceptions to this rule in the 20 plus years I have been a Father.

I am currently waiting on some governmental approval which I am told should be in the next few weeks which will allow me to finally drive the car I have worked so hard on proudly showing club plates and then the next car project gets under way where I hopefully restore a 280S or a 450SE depending on which of the cars is mechanically superior.

Like a small child faced with sprouts and spinach on my dinner plate I am leaving the worst until last having recently decided to not strip the SE for parts after finding an SEL for parts.

When I am not able to spend money on my cars I am stripping or refurbishing parts I already have and working on my new workshop space which too requires fiduciary input as well as huge amounts of labour and the personal rewards are great.

As for posting of my cars? Well I have nothing new to share, no tips or wisdom and I prefer to spend my time answering other peoples questions and helping those new to this Marque instead of posting endless reams that really add little to the overall community and as there are numerous forums I visit I am never short of something to do.

In short my project is done waiting only for a letter from Vic Roads and 30 mins from a windscreen fitter once they locate a polarised glass screen to the W116 preferably without the black surround.

Other than this it is pure cosmetics such as a proper respray, removal of the tons of overspray on seals and rubbers, Refurbishing the Bundts, a new rear seat base skin, colour matching the front seats from blue to olive leather, replacing the tach and clock in the cluster and then a few bits of trim and a full detail.

But these minor details don't concern me overly as these cars NEED to be driven or they deteriorate and mechanical excellence is more important to me.

If I find a 6.9 and it is the right money I will buy it as I would eventually like a matching pair of SEL's in the form of a D jet 4.5 and a K jet 6.9 with a sporty 107 or something interesting shoehorned into a basic Spec W116 with a big Benz V8, after market injection, suspension and preferably a nice 5 speed manual box.

Its nice to have goals and my methodical approach has paid off in the past.

Cheers,
Tony

WiSeGuYY

Hey TONY , i read what you wrote with great passion , well said and keep the good work going as long as it please you and save the 116 whenever you have the chance.

I AM IMPRESSED .

REGARDS

TAREK