Advice on how to clean a light coloured seat belt?

More threads by BenzBoy

260ebenz

Master
Thanks for the tip Mat!

I have used AutoGlym products before and have been pleased with the results the AG SRP- super resin polish is excellent.

My two local Super Cheap stores don't sell AutoGlym products so I will have to go and check out the Auto Barn or Auto Pro at Raymond Terrace I LOVE go to Automotive suppliers and Bunnings of course I would could live there quite happily! lol.
:D

Cheers.

mrkozzy

Never finished
Curiosity got the better of me last week.

I was doing something else and thought, what would happen if I power washed a seat belt. Had a spare sitting in the cupboard. Excellent condition, but dirty as.
Placed it on the grass fully extended and had a screwdiver stabbed thru the brackets to hold it there.

Got out the Gerni and gave it a go. Both sides.........(not too close with the water jet).
Tied it in the extended position between 2 branches of a tree to dry out.
Looks like new and I cannot for the life of me see that I did it any damage.
Retractor works perfectly.

Placed it back in the cupboard to gather more dust!:rolleyes:

Styria

The Godfather
Mr. Kozzy, sometimes the simplest solution is the best, and easiest. I am a great believer in sunlight soap and water. I couldn't have done it any better. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
Once again an update to an old thread: The manual says, "The webbing must not be treated with chemical cleansing agents but must be cleaned with clear luke-warm water and soap only. Do not dry webbing at temperatures above 80deg C or in direct sun radiation. Never bleach or re-dye webbing".

Can you tell I'm on holidays?? ;):):D

Styria

The Godfather
Once again an update to an old thread: The manual says, "The webbing must not be treated with chemical cleansing agents but must be cleaned with clear luke-warm water and soap only. Do not dry webbing at temperatures above 80deg C or in direct sun radiation. Never bleach or re-dye webbing".

Can you tell I'm on holidays?? ;):):D

No, I can't tell - what have you done other than buy two cars !:):confused:;)

Regards Styria