This Xmas trim job

More threads by WGB

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Pray tell why not? Re-cored radiators and electric fans solve most engine overheating problems for English cars and a Gin Sling with loads of ice would keep the captain of the barge happy on the motorway...:p
Does the PII overheat in 40 degrees Celsius? No: it does not!! You have seen the Kevlar shields our Good Friend Garth invented to keep it sweet and happy.
Regards,
Benz-Boy
PS: Help WGB - Michel is trying to ruin one of my dearest fantasies!!

I meant the heat INSIDE the cabin of an early Mk VII or VIII...

Now a Mark X is another thing and you have my blessing :D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Great idea might have to crack my bottle of beefeater crown jewels gin tonight or my 18year old glen single malt i love duty free:D

Styria

The Godfather
Great idea might have to crack my bottle of beefeater crown jewels gin tonight or my 18year old glen single malt i love duty free:D

Hi Motec 6.9, surely you didn't buy the stuff on Christmas Island, did you ? Could be that it was brought into the country duty free as part of the peace making process with the Boat people. :) Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Beefeater yes single malt no went to china last sunday and came back on tuesday after staying the night in KL whats jet lag :D

Parks

Thanks Parks for teh compliment.

Problem areas were

1) I applied the backless carpet on the "cross grain" instead of vertical and it tended to pucker over the tighter concave surfaces - no matter what I did and I tried a coupl of re-glues. There are a couple of wrinkles and I know Styria was wanting to get hold of some of the carpet but I have about half left and if the wrinkles get to me I will re-do it using the vertical grain (weft?).

I carefully removed all the old glue and rubber residue with paint stripper and I am pleased I did as the backless carpet does tend to show any irregularities underneath.

2) The headlining was interesting as considerable force is requied to clip in the central flat rod and next time I would have probably used a little foam to prepare the surface a bit more carefully - but really I'm just getting a bit too picky.

Bill

Do you mean the carpet pile Bill? the pile should always run down, you should be able to tell this by the brush of your hand, if ever in doubt, lay the carpet on a flat table put a coin on top ,then bang your fist up and down on the table and you will find whatever way the coin goes thats goin down on the pile.

Also if you find it hard to get those wrinkles out on those slight curves grab the iron and squirt some steam on it

Brent