120708-PaintJob022.png

120708-PaintJob021.png

120708-PaintJob020.png

Thoughts? Questions?

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Very Impressive......

How long did all of that take? (including drinking beer :p )

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

It took abouy 2-3hrs start to finish, with the beers. ;)

It's more like free advertising, not quite sponsorship. :)

Hahaha... 'The pluses of Buses' ;)

The total paint job cost about $50. Probably not the normal way to paint a car, but then again... it's not a normal car. :D

s class

Impressive. I'm just concerned - where did you and your friends learn your graffiti skills?

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Impressive. I'm just concerned - where did you and your friends learn your graffiti skills?

I got no skills on the can... but my mates live in the city of art (melbourne) and get paid for their art work. They're not the 'tag word' graffiti artists that ruin public walls. ;)

Thanks Benzboy. :)

Lukas

Wow - is it currently registered? Would love to see that in Manuka on a Saturday night (driving really slow, duff duff music.....)

OK - I'm curious now - what's the deal with Adapt2?

Lukas

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Wow - is it currently registered? Would love to see that in Manuka on a Saturday night (driving really slow, duff duff music.....)

OK - I'm curious now - what's the deal with Adapt2?

Lukas

HAhaha... no duff duff, just AC/DC!

Adapt 2 is me off setting my emissions.. They do water tanks and eco stuff, so I figure if I advertise them - i'm off setting the amount of fuel i burn on the track... :rolleyes: Sorta. :D

Styria

The Godfather
You don't have to believe me, but I tell you this is the first time I have seen this thread. When I saw your car initially at Oran Park last year, my first thought was 'she looks good and mean, and purposeful". The paint has certainly lasted well. Just as an aside, we'll now need to look for a good colour scheme for Ossie's Povo - at the moment, it is devoid of sponsor advertising, and a somewhat more "mean" colour scheme.

BTW, I like the idea of the glass "safety light" on the roof of the car. :D Regards Styria

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

You don't have to believe me, but I tell you this is the first time I have seen this thread. When I saw your car initially at Oran Park last year, my first thought was 'she looks good and mean, and purposeful". The paint has certainly lasted well. Just as an aside, we'll now need to look for a good colour scheme for Ossie's Povo - at the moment, it is devoid of sponsor advertising, and a somewhat more "mean" colour scheme.

BTW, I like the idea of the glass "safety light" on the roof of the car. :D Regards Styria

Just saw this.

The paint has lasted well - considerin, it hasn't been under cover at all for the last 12 months. It's starting to crack in certain areas. And the egg's that it copped last week (school holidays, what can you do?! :mad: ) mean that it's stripped some of the front right off.. Funniest part is, if the juvenile that did it realised the whole paint job cost me $50, and to fix it it will cost me 1 x pressure pack of paint, they probably wouldn't have bothered with the cost of the eggs.

I agree about Povo. Oscar, if you want man, when you're in Melbourne for Sandown - we can organise a paint job for povo! :cool: :D ;)
All you have to do is park it, crack a beer, and wait.... just let me know the colour scheme you want ahead of time. ;)

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Just saw this.

The paint has lasted well - considerin, it hasn't been under cover at all for the last 12 months. It's starting to crack in certain areas. And the egg's that it copped last week (school holidays, what can you do?! :mad: ) mean that it's stripped some of the front right off.. Funniest part is, if the juvenile that did it realised the whole paint job cost me $50, and to fix it it will cost me 1 x pressure pack of paint, they probably wouldn't have bothered with the cost of the eggs.

I agree about Povo. Oscar, if you want man, when you're in Melbourne for Sandown - we can organise a paint job for povo! :cool: :D ;)
All you have to do is park it, crack a beer, and wait.... just let me know the colour scheme you want ahead of time. ;)
Hmmmm - thinks to self. The PII could do with racing stripes!!! Maybe that would cost 2 slabs because of the extra hand-crafting required....:D
Regards,
Benz-Boy

oscar

Well I reckon all three TeamW116 cars should have essentially the same livery but with small individual differences.
We'd be like the Trik Trailers HQ team, except two thirds faster:D

IMGP4527.jpg

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Ossie, it'd make a good sight, wouldn't it ? BTW, what are your future plans as far as racing POVO is concerned ? I see that your last effort took a decent slice of the folded stuff out of your back pocket - all the more reason why I dips my hat to you guys - I am not only talking of you, but also SELfour50 and B13, although Ian is probably more of a professional racer than you and Cameron.

It's fun okay, but at a cost. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi Ossie, it'd make a good sight, wouldn't it ? BTW, what are your future plans as far as racing POVO is concerned ? I see that your last effort took a decent slice of the folded stuff out of your back pocket - all the more reason why I dips my hat to you guys - I am not only talking of you, but also SELfour50 and B13, although Ian is probably more of a professional racer than you and Cameron.

Alas, nothing is free in this world.

And motor racing is certainly expensive (relative to what you race and what you want to acheive).

Well done boys (mentionned above)...

oscar

I've neglected to keep a running total of costs for povo. Would've been interesting to know. All three are being done on a budget so to speak but I know personally that I wouldn't have spent anywhere near as much as what some racers have spent on their locally built sedans. I'm not as fast as them either but hopefully that will improve in time.:D

Styria, I've neglected to do any real update yet on povo. Plans continually change. The turbo leap is the most obvious way to get povo going but after an expensive Easter, it's not even on the horizon yet so I'm spending a bit of time researching instead. Many things will have to wait but next step (against better judgement) will be to experiment with a ridiculously oversized holley carburettor. I'm still planning to go to Sandown in May but I've yet to confirm or pay.

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

although Ian is probably more of a professional racer than you and Cameron.

Ian, you've been elevated to professional racer, has Wayne been talking with Mr Parker?? :D

It's only as expensive as you want it to be Styria. I could have kept going with my car as standard, and each event would only cost me entry and fuel. But i wanted more, so I spent some bikkies on different things.
People restore vehicles and spend Upwards of double what the cars cost new... different folks, different strokes.... and bores and HP and KW... :cool: