Chrome Trim

More threads by si280

si280

Connoisseur
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows where i can get my hands on the chrome trim around the windscreen and pillar. Wreckers/Part shop is Sydney?

Also after the tool to put hard top on/off the car.

I've only recently aquired the car and looking to bring it back to life.

Cheers

Styria

The Godfather
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows where i can get my hands on the chrome trim around the windscreen and pillar. Wreckers/Part shop is Sydney?

Also after the tool to put hard top on/off the car.

I've only recently aquired the car and looking to bring it back to life.

Cheers

Hi Si280, first of all, thank you for joining. It's a bit of a 'baby forum' but most of the members are made of the right stuff. I am glad you posted,and I can only hope that we well be able to assist you.

107 bright trim is not exactly easy to come by second hand. I may have some "chrome" , but will need to check for you. Obviously, quite a bit of the trimwork can be bought new, albeit at a price - unfortunately. Fotografa, one of the topklasse members, has restores a 107 and he also does sell some parts. Perhaps he can contact you, or vice versa but, additionally, I will check to see what I have on hand. Regards Styria

OP
S

si280

Connoisseur
Thanks very much for the reply mate - appreciate it.

Will be looking to get the car back to life so will be also looking for carpets and Zebrano wood kit, as well as rubber seals. Any help, advice, or even a recomendation for someone to install carpets (if i bought a set) would be awesome.

Cheers

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Si280, just wondering how you are getting on and what progress you may have made. I have in fact been able to locate some front and/or rear screens trim pieces (I think) so perhaps you may like to let me know what you would like to do.

Obviously, we can also help you with carpets to suit your car. Again, let me know if I can help. Regards Styria

OP
S

si280

Connoisseur
Well it seems i have bitten off more than i can chew. What has gone from a 4k front guard repair has now approached a 20k job to cut out the rust that seems to have taken hold and get a full respray - for my first merc - i hope it is worth it - i guess time in the sun with the top down will tell.

That said, once the major work is done ill be back on the look out for odds and ends to complete the car.

That said, anyone in Syd got a set of 14" steels - i want to go with the hub caps?

abl567

Super Moderator
I have a 3 I can part with.

WGB

Probably no longer relevant but I purchased my 116 A-pillar chrome new from Tom Hanson at "The Classic Centre" in California.

US$150 per side and postage was not all that much from memory.

Now that the AUD has been recovering some ground it is more realistic to look back there again.

Bill

Styria

The Godfather
Well it seems i have bitten off more than i can chew. What has gone from a 4k front guard repair has now approached a 20k job to cut out the rust that seems to have taken hold and get a full respray - for my first merc - i hope it is worth it - i guess time in the sun with the top down will tell.

That said, once the major work is done ill be back on the look out for odds and ends to complete the car.

That said, anyone in Syd got a set of 14" steels - i want to go with the hub caps?

HI Si280, as far as the steel wheels are concerned, it might be a good idea to tell us whether you'd want 6" or six and a half. I am quite sure that between abl567 and myself we'll be able to help you.

Sorry to hear of the other side of your problems - unfortunately, 107s can bite you "hard" sometimes, but be prudent at all times and get your facts right before you decide what work you need to have carried out. Regards Styria

N.B. You may also refer to some posts that we have put up previously on this discussion board - I'll see if I can find the photos for you as they deal with some of the rust issues on these cars.

Okay, I have found it. If you go to the "107" section, on 9th November, I started a thread titled "Rust, the enemy of everything...."(along those lines). There are a number of pics to go with the various posts.

Last edited: