How and where to obtain service history for W116

More threads by kdsk01

kdsk01

Aficionado
Hello Everyone
I have recently bought 1978 280SEL W116 and was hoping if anyone can put me in right direction where I can obtain service history.
Pervious owners (very old couple) could only provide service invoices and workshop service cards since last 5 years.
I will highly appreciate your assistance in this regard.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Welcome to the forum kdsk01
Unless the previous owners can provide you with the service book, I don't think there's another way of finding out.
Or if the previous owner serviced the car at one place only and that place keeps records.

Styria

The Godfather
kdsk01 - How did you get on ? Do you still have the car and maybe you ay wish to give us an update on your purchase. Thank you for joining. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
This just highlights the value of the service books. If they’re missing there’s really no other easy way.
One option might be to pinpoint where previously owners have lived, then track down where it’s likely they took the car for service & repair. Of course due to privacy concerns, it’s highly likely you won’t get much outta them

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
kdsk01 - How did you get on ? Do you still have the car and maybe you ay wish to give us an update on your purchase. Thank you for joining. Regards Styria

kdsk01 logged on on Jan 28 and 29 and has not been back on the Forum​

Oversize

Grand Master
Well that’s not good news!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well that’s not good news!
People sometimes do that.
They come online to ask a question and that's all they care about.
And you'll never hear from them again.

abl567

Super Moderator
I think that's a function of facebook, there are so many on there with opinions any question asked generally gets a response almost instantly so folk have lost patience with posting on a forum and waiting a few days to receive a response, even though the forum response is probably factual while the facebook one is bunkum