"Frame-off" complete 6.9 restoration

More threads by 6.9forever

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Awesome thanks for sharing . That makes 5 complete frame off restoration 6.9 I know off 1 in Australia 2 others in Germany and on in Brazil. :)

Styria

The Godfather
David, that car is like new, isn't it ? One can only marvel at the standard they have attained. I had a good try to get the best out of the site, but it's probably one of the more difficult ones I have had to navigate. BTW, their standards are superb, and this is reflected in the asking price of some of their cars for sale.

It is quite clear that certainly in Germany, 6.9s are now huge news, and increasing in value in no uncertain terms. Thanks for finding the site for us. Regards Styria

Helmet

Connoisseur
I reckon I could restore one to that standard

For 100,000 euro's :cool:

Styria

The Godfather
Again, it's in quite magnificent condition. Just a couple of things worry me - the upholstery. First of all, the width of the pleats - probably a copy of the upholstery in a 109, and it's probably something that I could consider if I was to fit new upholstery to Gleaming Beauty - just to be different....see wheels, two tone.......In addition, and I do think this is an omission, there are no perforations in the leather.

The door cappings are also short of those perforations, and again I think that's just not right. However, what really concerns me is the colour of the leather - obviously, the colour originally would have been that quite rare green. To have it in tan - it's an absolute mis-match with the original green still in the car, nowhere more evident than on the parcel shelf and, of course, well everywhere. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Amazing.... but very doable with lots of money :eek:

B13

Owner: James Last

If you know your organ and piano players, he's pretty darn famous

20131023_153949+%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BA+%D1%81%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%8A%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%82-1.JPG

At least we know he had good taste in cars, even if his music fell a little short of the mark at times...

I.

Oversize

Grand Master
Must be hard to do since the W116 doesn't have a 'frame'! Hehe! ;):rolleyes:

Styria

The Godfather
Must be hard to do since the W116 doesn't have a 'frame'! Hehe! ;):rolleyes:

Hi Mark, you know well what they are talking about ! :D I guess it should be 'mechanicals off'' restoration. Talking about restorations, and frame-off procedures, is there any movement in your corner of the world, or has your new car encouraged you to give up on any of your projects ?

Winter is coming on, and it's not getting any easier. Besides, TK does need some technical input. :) Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
I'm still looking for a new car but there's no hurry ATM. I'm currently trying 2 sell my house which is keeping me busy. But I have 4 weeks off at the end of the week & I'll hopefully post lotsa progress then! ☺️ Finally.... :D

Styria

The Godfather
Mark, I thought you bought a new C-Class way back when - say about six to eight months ago - no ? Incidentally, getting back to the frame-off gold car, I wonder what work was carried out on the engine/gearbox and any of the other mechanicals ? I should really try and have another read of the restoration story. As I have said, the website is not user friendly. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
The Ex bought the new C Class and I was just the advisor.... We're selling the house and I'm thinking about selling one reasonable 6.9. The Fairmont will make way for a daily MB in the next few months (if my finances car take it). The rest of the cars will go where I go!

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark sorry to hear you are now in my boat. Its cold wet and leaking :eek:

Oversize

Grand Master
Yes for a while, but now I found a boat that suits me better! :p;):D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Don't do it Arrrgh :eek:

Oversize

Grand Master
Too late! Hehe! :D