BenzBoy's New Project

More threads by oscar

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Oscar, what Benz Boy is trying to say is that it does not measure up in class to the Roller - never mind the curtains.

Seriously though, Oscar, if you have the spare cash and the inclination, you ought to consider the Astral Silver 6.9 in Newcastle that's advertised on this discussion board.

As I said, I have not seen it for a while, but I think it has possibilities. I know the owner wants to sell. Regards, Styria

OP
oscar

oscar

I don't know styria. I saw your post about that one and great I thought, sounded interesting. Man if I have a look back I've had my chances and have nothing to whinge about. Just can't chase one at the moment. When the time comes, you'll definitely know about it. :D

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Hi Oscar, what Benz Boy is trying to say is that it does not measure up in class to the Roller - never mind the curtains.

Seriously though, Oscar, if you have the spare cash and the inclination, you ought to consider the Astral Silver 6.9 in Newcastle that's advertised on this discussion board.

As I said, I have not seen it for a while, but I think it has possibilities. I know the owner wants to sell. Regards, Styria

No - I am thinking my new project might have side curtains. Canvas!!! Something pre-war....just a thought. I want to live a little dangerously.
Regards,
BenzBoy

Styria

The Godfather
BenzBoy, could that be a 3.5 litre Derby Bentley, or what about a 1927 Bentley 3 litre Tourer ? Parks did the interior for one of those, and what an exquisite car that was - just unbelievable. Parks took a fair few photos and I am going to ask him to post them on the discussion board.

That car just purred and was in perfect mechanical condition. Starting it was quite an involved procedure what with adjusting the advance and retard lever on the steering wheel and there was an extra special way in which to activate the supply of fuel. Nice car . Regards, Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
On a serious note (yes I am serious about the limmo)...

Does anyone know anything about it?

I can't do much since I'm in China....

But if anyone knows anything..... let me know

I won't be back till next week

Thanks

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Two replies:
1. Styria - I am going motoring in a Derby Bentley this weekend to see what I think, but, it is not for sale. ;)
2. Michel - You have enough motor cars to take out a licence. :eek:
Regards,
BenzBoy

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Two replies:
1. Styria - I am going motoring in a Derby Bentley this weekend to see what I think, but, it is not for sale. ;)
2. Michel - You have enough motor cars to take out a licence. :eek:
Regards,
BenzBoy

But.....
But.....

When was the last time you saw a streched W116 for sale....
Let alone owned one.... ridden in one....

:rolleyes:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Michel, I'd love to see you buy it and see what you do with it. Add a flag holder for starters.:D
And Michel has the world's best flag holder I have seen - just sitting on his desk waiting to be used. Miss Olga would offer him money for it but he has indicated he does not wish to part with it.....
Regards,
BenzBoy

Parks

BenzBoy, could that be a 3.5 litre Derby Bentley, or what about a 1927 Bentley 3 litre Tourer ? Parks did the interior for one of those, and what an exquisite car that was - just unbelievable. Parks took a fair few photos and I am going to ask him to post them on the discussion board.

That car just purred and was in perfect mechanical condition. Starting it was quite an involved procedure what with adjusting the advance and retard lever on the steering wheel and there was an extra special way in which to activate the supply of fuel. Nice car . Regards, Styria

and here are those photos of the 1927 Bentley
bentleyforum3.jpg

bentleyforum2.jpg

bentleyforum.jpg

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
It is a gorgeous looking automobile....

Parks, this upholstery looks superb...

Those lines are perfect.... ;)

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Michel, Miss Olga considers that you have been naughty. I'll try to convince her otherwise but you know what she is like when she gets an idea into her head..:eek:
A WO is a genuine Bentley made by W. O. Bentley himdelf before his company fell prey to his main competitor during the Great Depression of '29. R-R bought out Bentley in a horizontal integration that was (some say) designed to silence its main competition. A W.O. is as rare as hens' teeth these days and commands a price that indicates its true value as a magnificent beast. Even Ettore Bugatti had to admit that W.O. made the world's fastest 'truck' at the time. Poor Ettore could not forgive W.O. for building a car that was faster than his own.
Parks, if a W.O. owner will entrust his machine to you for re-trimming then you are clearly acknowledged as a first rate craftsman. I can't think of a higher accolade that could be given you.
Regards,
BenzBoy