Video Diary of 6.9 EFI/Blower Project - MUST SEE

More threads by SELfor50

SELfor50

Ok, if anyone in the states know's this fella - please put me in contact with him. I'll be trying to get in touch via youtube also.

This fella breaks down most of the stuff he's done for his conversion. The video jumps a few steps here and there - doesn't show it all.. but the finished product looks like like a weapon!

Motec EFI (Fuel and Spark)
Centrifugal SC
Intercooled via a air/water intercooler, water part is front mount.

Even the effort he's gone to for the air intake is unreal. He's mounted the air filter at the back of the engine bay, but mentions he'll probably be plumbing it to the door or something. It's crazy. Cause he doesn't want it to go through the bonnet.

Very very interesting. And looks like it's been done 100% properly, how it should be. Be very interested to find out the final output figures.

1: Link
2: Link
3: Link
4: Link
5: Link

Enjoy!

Cam.

abl567

Super Moderator
Cam,
I know Dan well, he was on the downunder rally and at Lodefest in Colarado last year.
100_1996.jpg
Dan's other 6.9
He is a member of the M-100 group, maybe you should join:D
I will drop him a line for you.;)
Ant

Last edited:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Cam i thought i told you about roadrunners777 when we talked on the phone ron b posted the link on a post i left on m-100.cc on the 7/9/09 dan also left a post ps if you go to that post there is also a w107 with a 7.2 m-100 with a awsome intake on it:D

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Hi Cam i thought i told you about roadrunners777 when we talked on the phone ron b posted the link on a post i left on m-100.cc on the 7/9/09 dan also left a post ps if you go to that post there is also a w107 with a 7.2 m-100 with a awsome intake on it:D

I do remember now.. brain fart on my part. :eek:
hahah... He's done a bloody great job!!

Thanks Ant! If you can send him a message and ask if you'd be able to forward his contact details onto me. I really need to pick his brain regarding specs etc.. Soo many questions. I do need to join the M100 site/club, but that will have to wait until after Bathurst. Every cent is getting funnelled to getting that ready. ;)

Will have to go and search out that 107 as well.

This type of EFI/Blower setup is exactly the type of kit i'm looking at doing on the 690SE, but i'd like to have specs and parts when I go to an engineering shop and say here ya go... if I go in blind, they'll ping me 20K plus for R&D etc.

Cam.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Cam the only person i can think of who could do and would do a blower install on a 6.9 is Mark from MWS in York over hear in WA all the high horsepower cars that are blown over hear come from his workshop there is not a isue of Perth Street Car Magazine that comes out with out at least one car that he has blown for a customer some of his customer cars have over 1000hp at the rear wheels and back it up within 1% over 3 runs on the dyno he gets his tunning done at Chiptorque at Maddington in WA Ps i spoke to Mark at Motorvation last weekend will see how many cookies left in the jar after new motor is built:D

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Cam,
I know Dan well, he was on the downunder rally and at Lodefest in Colarado last year.
100_1996.jpg
Dan's other 6.9
He is a member of the M-100 group, maybe you should join:D
I will drop him a line for you.;)
Ant

Hey Ant,

Don't suppose you've had a chance to speak with Dan regarding specs for his blown M100? I'd love to have a chat with him on the phone (happy to forward my number or the other way round and call him) to try and nut out a few specs. There's absolutely no-one that want's to quote on the work i'm looking at doing, though all have said if I can turn up with a good amount of guidance on how to do it - they'd be happy to undertake the job.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Cheers,
Cam.

abl567

Super Moderator
Cam, I've just sent him an e-mail now, sorry for being slack:eek:

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Cam, I've just sent him an e-mail now, sorry for being slack:eek:

no stress at all mate. The frustrating part is that i'm speaking with extremely reputable performance workshops - and none of them are keen to take on the project. It seems I need to move to Perth to get this type of work done.

All good Ant, not a massive rush.. will just be nice to have some specs that I can give to a shop so they understand what I'm trying to do.

Appreciate your help mate. We'll be able to discuss in depth end of month anyway... :)

Cam.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Cam will get stuck back into my car after the event in next couple of weeks have just sold the xr8 so have cookies in the jar may not need goldie2 now as have money to finnish motor still thinking about some pressure on intake if it happens will let you know and ask for second set of templates for you if you want have to watch money ps have dropped extractors off guy will give price with copies soon told me he has 2 months back log off work but can do copies no probs:D

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Hi Cam will get stuck back into my car after the event in next couple of weeks have just sold the xr8 so have cookies in the jar may not need goldie2 now as have money to finnish motor still thinking about some pressure on intake if it happens will let you know and ask for second set of templates for you if you want have to watch money ps have dropped extractors off guy will give price with copies soon told me he has 2 months back log off work but can do copies no probs:D

Thanks heaps Geoff. If you go the custom manifold route - i'll definitely get a 2nd one made. As for the extractors, i'm definitely down for that. Appreciate it dude!! No rush on them though, so the 2month backlog is no problems. :D

Thanks for the PM Ant, got it. Will speak with Dan in the next week or so.

Cheers,
Cam.