Rubber Seals, Tail Light Lense and Headlight Wipers

More threads by Lukas

Lukas

Hi all,

After the following bits - got a quote from MBSpares, but half are not available and the other half are pricey. Have yet to check AutoHausAZ, will do that too. If anyone has any of these going, please advise.

Thanks

Lukas

1) LH rear tail light lense

2) LH + RH rear tail light foam seals / surrounds (the thick ones that
goes between the light lense, the light "frame" and the car body all at
once)

3) Rubber seal for centre rear chrome moulding (the one that contains
the boot lock + button)

4) 2x rubber seals for rear number plate lights

5) 2x headlight wiper assemply - wiper arms

s class

Yes, you are after some pricey bits. It varies from country to country, but expect to pay $100 per side for the tail light rubbers. I recently bought one headlight wiper arm - again it was about $100 from memory.

The tail light lenses are even more expensive.

SELfor50

Lukas, I can probably help you out with nearly all of your list mate..

Give me a bell tomoz, if you get voicemail just leave a message with your number and i'll call you back.

Cam. :)

s class

OK the prices I quoted were for new items. I dunno why, but I just assumed you were after new parts.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Lukas, unfortunately you're after some pretty pricey bits, especially when buying new in OZ country. S-Class' quoted prices are in fact, very reasonable. See how you go with Cam2 in your capital city - whatever he can't help you with, let me know. Regards Styria

OP
L

Lukas

Thanks for that folks - for a lot of the stuff I assume new is the only option because all of the 2nd hand stuff would be perished foam / rubber (like mine is).

I was quoted $113 each for the tail light foam seals (which would seem to be a good price), and the wiper ares are $105 (right) or $151 (left) - bizarre that the side changes the price. Maybe all the Germans keep crashing into each other on their drivers side, so those ones cost more.....

Turns out AutoHausAZ have even less than MBSpares in this area, although admittedly Mercs are not realy their specialty.

Styria: Thanks - am talking to Cam, will let you know if I'm still after more bits after that.

Oversize

Grand Master
Reposted here for Motec:

Hi Mark you asked about seal availability the answer is yes.Prices i was given are tail lght seals $112 each,Headlight to body seal $122 each,Headlight lens seal $45 each. Now as i said Steering damper was $48, Intake gaskets to fit my throttle body were $29 each, Front window seal $110,Rear window $165, Boot rubber $231, All 4door seals $1100. Every one of these prices beat the US price.

What's MB Spares number??

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Ha Ha you beat me to it thanks Mark. oh by the way less than 20 post to go. :D

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I am getting some water into the boot of my SLC.

I was able to get 107-826-02-58, for $67 USD (before tax/shipping), but 01-58 for the other side is NLA. You can get one from URO parts but from what I gather these parts are so bad they are not worth bothering with.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Byrce check rear window seal and overflow hose in fuel portal. The rubber hose runs through boot to underneath rubber hardens and it parts way from connection allowing water into boot

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Near perfect condition, but old parted out tail light assemblies are easier to source than new foam rubber seals.

An easy problem solved, but only at the high cost of new seals, which can serve near perfect, but old parted out tail light assemblies.

I have been there done that, with a 6.9 and a W202.

In the case of the 6.9, the complete parted out R.H. tail light assembly cost cost me $35, but the cost of the new seal was triple the price a the time. The old seal went back in.
Not a problem with the 6.9. as with most venerable old cars; I avoided driving it rainy weather.

The existing seal in the W202 was quite OK, as was re used. Still a go anywhere, anytime car, but I have noticed that the wiring to the headlights is starting to look quite tatty.
That problem will be addressed at the time when one of the halogen headlights blow, then I will replace all four bulbs with new LED bulbs at around $100 each.