Progress....

More threads by Oversize

Styria

The Godfather
Big enough to change the Earth's rotation! Glad they had 25% off... :D;)

At that price, not quite a bargain, but competitive. It will really be interesting to get your progress reports. Mark, start early, and finish late - only for four, at the most five days, for the week. It was good to talk to you the other day. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Good luck Mark and have fun. :D

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
At that price, not quite a bargain, but competitive. It will really be interesting to get your progress reports. Mark, start early, and finish late - only for four, at the most five days, for the week. It was good to talk to you the other day. Regards Styria

Yes, not the cheapest you could fit, but at 900CCA with a 3 year warranty I think the price was hard to beat.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
That's what holidays are for..

Working hard on our enjoyable hobbies :p

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I live for this stuff!! :cool::rolleyes::D

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Yep! No kids yet.... :cool::rolleyes::p:eek:;)

Ok, so some new toys start arriving tomorrow, which will hopefully assist to transform me into a well oiled machine! Damn the weather is freezing but I do have a garage heater. Lets hope I don't blow myself up!

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
OMG I finally finished moving (again) on Monday 25th January 2016! So now I have a factory full of cars AND A HOIST!!! Sold some... But kept some damn fine machinery and once I have all the tools in the right places I can get some on the road. And now I even have a power outlet for the welder and compressor! So excited.... :cool::D

Red Bull will be first, followed by one that's very special. W126 S2 560SEL full hydro 300hp with rear bucket seats (Thanks to a mate for helping me find it)! I can't wait....

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I just realized that at one point I had 8 x 6.9s!! :eek::rolleyes::D

Styria

The Godfather
Mark, good to get some positive feedback from you. Just be glad that you have not reached the age where so called maturity takes over :) So,are you down to six 6.9s ?

Regarding your full hydraulic 560SEL - bear in mind that in certain specific areas, the hydraulic system is just a little different to the 6.9 system, in particular relating to the bottom strut mount. That part is no longer available from Any source. Additionally, the bottom part of the strut is unique to the W126 to accomodate the bottom ball joint. In case of problems, you will need to convert to the W116 set-up. I am really looking forward to you getting started - well, hopefully before I decide to call a halt to my activities. Regards. Styria

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Well I feel like a bit of a pin ball so to speak since I've moved around and changed circumstances quite a bit since this thread first started....

I've sold 2 x 6.9s with Blue Flame headed out to Darwin of all places (she's been around the whole country now)! The other blue 6.9 went to someone in Melbourne but I haven't heard anything since.

I cut up the late green 450SEL to be used as parts, along with a 560SEL I got from the wreckers.

I stripped a 300SE and sold the remainder.

Styria's 420 was too far gone for a financially viable project and so it was party stripped of needed parts, with a view to sell the remainder. That didn't happen, so I'll be keeping it for a while longer.

When my computer suffered progressive failures I lost all my spreadsheets and files so it's made record keeping almost impossible. The biggest loss was my hard drive where it's had a mechanical failure and ATM I cannot access the files. I might be able to restore it but it involves a costly forensic process to be able to access the platter.

At the moment the plan is to keep 4 Benzes including Red Bull, Dora and Moby, the un-named hydro 560SEL, plus the Buick.

A spanner in the works is the need to move it all again since the factory they're residing in is too expensive to retain. And I'm not looking forward to shifting, or losing access to a hoist!

Oh and I had a health scare on NYE when I suffered chest pain and ended up in hospital! Fortunately not a heart attack but looks like I have a cholesterol issue that needs to be addressed...

:eek::eek:

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
Mark, it's good to have you back, and to read your summary of activities, even though some of them may not be that desirable at the moment. Maybe this is a good time to extend sincere wishes to you for 2017. I myself started off somewhat badly, but you hang inthere and give it your best shot. Regards Styria

N.B. It may take a little bit of work, but I think that TK, with the help from each and every one of us, may be rocking again.Facebook, sure its appeal is different, but really itis not a substitute what we can have on TK.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I'm typing this with a 24hr heart monitor fitted.... :eek::eek:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
All the best Mark . Not that I would buy cheap parts if they were to come on the market unexpectedly. :)

Styria

The Godfather
Mark, cut down on Facebook activities and stick with TK ! ;) Regards Styria

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Moving the horde again..... Seems like an annual event! Sigh :eek::rolleyes:

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Purely cost.... if I stayed I could buy a new Mercedes in a few years!! 😱

Styria

The Godfather
Mark,maybe a new girlfriend might be the answer ? Oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that. On a more serious note,how do you cope with moving all the cars ? It's got to be a humongous task likely to test the best of men. Are you actually making any progress on any of the 6.9s or has it just been getting the better of you ? Luckily champ, you've got time on your side. Regards. Styria