MERCAR - Work in progress

More threads by mercdz

mercdz

Continued from the introduction forum
Initially I was going to install a K-Jet 450 but decided to stick with the original D-Jet 350. Thankfully all worked out well, after chasing numerous fuel and spark issues she now runs like a top:D

New Life Begins

Ancillaries being installed

The Old Girl Breathes Fire Once More!!!:D:D

More to follow.
Cheers.
Dave.

Styria

The Godfather
Yes, it's magic - well, elbow grease and hard work....and yes, your car has already had a mention. Unfortunately, it looks as though you're located in Melbourne (Sydney would be preferable !), but that doesn't mean that you cannot enjoy TK for what it is, and vice versa...and, perhaps one day, we may actually get the opportunity to meet up with you personally. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I like this guy!!! :D

He has the best of both worlds.

A red W116 AND a convertible! :p

Welcome to the Forum :cool:

OP
mercdz

mercdz

More progress.
95% of the interior is now finished, a few minor trim panels to deal with yet. I am happy with the results so far.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi mercdz looking great so far cant wait to see finished results. :D

Oversize

Grand Master
WOW she looks so good! So through all your work can you recommend any paint/chrome/plating/trimming services and suppliers? Nearly there... :)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Coming along very nicely.

My choice of colour combo!

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Would love to see more of your car. I think its one of the most exciting projects I have seen with a W116 in years. So far the work is amazing. Geoff:D

OP
mercdz

mercdz

OK.....after a tragic 2014 with personal circumstances which sent me into into a depressive state of mind. The wishes of my recently departed wife are being honored.
MERCAR is now ready for it's first appearance in public at a local car show this weekend, Still work in progress, but am determined to finish it now.
Dave.