Patrick's W220 S430

More threads by Patrick_R

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Michel,
I only use this when I use the iPad for viewing/uploading on the forum which unfortunately is most of the time.

I just don’t have time at work, and I travel so much my laptop just doesn’t come out during this time.

What did you have in mind mate?

This is part of a post explaining to BenzBoy how to upload images easily using the Forum's uploader.
I'm sure you are familiar with the operation, but maybe you've missed the part where it allows you to chose your own size.
check it out.

This is the closeup of where to click to upload an image...

How-to-post-a-pic-closeup.jpg

as you click the blue link you get a pop-up window as below

How-to-post-a-pic-upload.jpg

chose your picture and you could resize it through the pop-up window or request to keep it as is.

OP
Patrick_R

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Michael,

How is this?
Thanks for the tips mate, nice and easy to follow.

ADC7-CA1-B-58-CD-4235-B888-96-A216662324.jpg

Uploading already reduced images is very quick to upload and I just like to ensure my higher res images don’t take up to much space.

Just me overthinking things like all engineers do :D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Michael,

How is this?
Thanks for the tips mate, nice and easy to follow.

ADC7-CA1-B-58-CD-4235-B888-96-A216662324.jpg

Uploading already reduced images is very quick to upload and I just like to ensure my higher res images don’t take up to much space.

Just me overthinking things like all engineers do :D

Sweet!
Just remember it’s Michel and not Michael (that’s the Godfather) 🙄

OP
Patrick_R

Patrick_R

Grand Master
I do apologise Michel,

If you check my posts since day one, this would be the first instance of this.
Won’t happen again mate :D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Michel it's easy to confuse you and the Godfather. I mean you look so much alike. :p

OP
Patrick_R

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Gents

I have to report after being away with work, conducting training with our new model trucks in a far north west Queensland a place called Croydon, (7 hours drive by truck west of Cairns) I am finally back in Sydney as of Friday night.

When I landed in Sydney I was hit by a txt message to say
“I will be landing in Sydney Saturday morning, please send me your address so I can come pay for, and drive your car back to Victoria”

I replied, “you haven’t even seen the car, are you sure you are interested”

He said
“No, but this is exactly what I have been looking for.”

The chap arrived with cash, we had a chat for about 2 hours and he drove the S430 back to Harcourt.

He loved it.
The interior sold him.

He even sent my wife flowers for being such a lovely host during his short visit.

A real nice guy who has quite an amazing collection of cars from Rolls-Royce, to Bentley to full on American muscle.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
My goodness! You are in the wrong trade m'boy!
When I need to sell a car I know who to call. :D:D:D
I should not be surprised; I know how fastidious you are about detailing, even down to that secret weapon you use.
Regards,
Brian

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
What a lovely ending to a very nice story to begin with.
Congratulations!

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Gents

I have to report after being away with work, conducting training with our new model trucks in a far north west Queensland a place called Croydon, (7 hours drive by truck west of Cairns) I am finally back in Sydney as of Friday night.

When I landed in Sydney I was hit by a txt message to say
“I will be landing in Sydney Saturday morning, please send me your address so I can come pay for, and drive your car back to Victoria”

I replied, “you haven’t even seen the car, are you sure you are interested”

He said
“No, but this is exactly what I have been looking for.”

The chap arrived with cash, we had a chat for about 2 hours and he drove the S430 back to Harcourt.

He loved it.
The interior sold him.

He even sent my wife flowers for being such a lovely host during his short visit.

A real nice guy who has quite an amazing collection of cars from Rolls-Royce, to Bentley to full on American muscle.

Great story. I guess it shows that high quality cars will find a buyer, its just that most cars are not and sellers price them like they are.

OP
Patrick_R

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Brian,
You are a gentleman and a good friend.
Thank you for keeping this a secret, and just because MOTS let the cat out of the bag once regarding detailing , I just want to carry that on.
You did tell me about his Glock :D
My fingers are only just recovering from the detailing now :eek:

Thank you Michel, it was a good story, and thanks for enjoying it.

Thanks Bryce.

I learned a lot about this car, I really like the W220, and the 4.3L is such a gem of a sweet engine, and such a nice car to work on/with.

Styria

The Godfather
It's a very satisfactory outcome and commensurate award for the amount of work and time you spent on the car. As indicated earlier, I had really liked the car and, quite honestly, the interior was just simply outstanding. When all added up, this car would have met the expectations of any fastidious buyer. Well done Patrick. Regards Styria

Cruising

Distinguished
I just thought I'd chime in here guys and thank you for an entertaining thread. I'm giving serious consideration to purchasing a W220 S430 and appreciate the infomation/opinions contained herein. I'll let you know if my hunt yields positive results.

OP
Patrick_R

Patrick_R

Grand Master
I just thought I'd chime in here guys and thank you for an entertaining thread. I'm giving serious consideration to purchasing a W220 S430 and appreciate the infomation/opinions contained herein. I'll let you know if my hunt yields positive results.
Fantastic.
Looking forward to seeing what you get.
Try for a one owner car, that must have a full service history if possible.
The consumable things like brakes, rotors (radiator for me) etc are all easily obtained and cheap, unless you go for genuine MB parts.
A few W220 S350’s for sale at present.

aussie 6.9

Noble
Hallo. I have an s430 05 updated model with the 7speed gearbox. Full service history and 215000km. Light blue with grey interior. I have updated to a 2015 E400 and the S430 will be for sale soon. I am waiting for a genuine new MB audio head unit to be fitted and then I will offer it for sale. I am on 0428151830 if you would like further information.