Patrick's W220 S430

More threads by Patrick_R

abl567

Super Moderator
Pick up is scheduled for 11am 23rd, tomorrow morning, so I guess there is still the opportunity to quadruple my daily drivers cylinder count.
Yeah, na. I'm looking forward to some go-kart fun and the kind of reliability peace of mind that comes with new cars, and new machinery in the factory.
Then I can turn my mind to Tractor time. It's incredibly rewarding reshaping our property.
I even gave the Kubota a coat of Swissvax, Mirage no less, after some hedge removal on Sunday.

I take it you're aware of the oil starvation issues with the current generation 86s? Apparently there are baffled sumps available out of the US now. Mate at work drives an older one (in BRZ form) so I can get the relevant links off him if required.

abl567

Super Moderator
I take it you're aware of the oil starvation issues with the current generation 86s? Apparently there are baffled sumps available out of the US now. Mate at work drives an older one (in BRZ form) so I can get the relevant links off him if required.
From what I could find online the issue has been resolved, with the GR86 at least. Mines a May build so fix has been applied. I hope 🤞

Cruising

Distinguished
I've made the decision to list my 2001 W220 S500 for sale, 218k's, I'm the second owner and have had it since 88k's. Never had any major issues. I've always had it serviced by my local mechanic in Seven Hills and have a Autel Scanner for diagnostics. For the right price it comes with the car. It's the professional one that scans all makes and has live diagnosis and key coding.
I've replaced both rear airmatic struts with Bilstein originals, and the air compressor and valve with aftermarket units. Front struts are as I bought it and I have an unused aftermarket spare to go with the car.
Besides routine maintenance it's had AC condenser replaced due to a Putty Road rock and the vacuum line from inlet manifold to brake booster.
It has 4 new goodyear tires about a month old. Rego till April next year and everything works.
There is a small ding in the boot lid that need attention and a couple of carpark door dings that should be resolved with PDR.
Interior is Orient Grey. Duco is Green Black. There is a post by me somewhere on here from when I first bought it.
I'll post some pics after giving it a bath.
I'm going to list it on carsales for $9250 but happy to take offers from the good folk here, and really do think I'm shooting for the stars with the $9k ask 🤷‍♂️
Sorry I missed this. We've been out in the desert for a month (Plenty hwy, Alice, Karumba, home) escaping home and winter. There seem to be no reasonably priced V8 versions up this way, but there are a few 320's, 350's. BTW congratulations on the sale.