Must read

More threads by 260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
A brilliant W126 post on the OZBENZ Forum see what you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oversize

Grand Master
Ummmm???

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
A very detailed and impressive minor resto project carried out on the 380SE in my opinion.

6 pages of a detailed project.

Styria

The Godfather
Lol, I was thinking he made a mistake in buying it and then fixed it up nicely :)

Hi Helmet, that's extremely well put ! :) Anyway, it's Saturday night and it's nice to know that you are frequenting the hallowed pages of this most worthy, and noteworthy forum. So the question needs to be asked is this:

How can we coerce you into attending our super, duper get together and help us consume a super, duper Schmalzmeal (don't ask me what it means - it is a German, no Austrian word), I have just invented. Anyway, that's the sort of food our chiefs Ant(eater) and Karen are going to prepare. Will you please come with your super, duper 6.9 ? Regards :) Styria

Last edited:

Helmet

Connoisseur
Hi Helmet, that's extremely well put ! :) Anyway, it's Saturday night and it's nice to know that you are frequenting the hallowed pages of this most worthy, and noteworthy forum. So the question needs to be asked is this:

How can we coerce you into attending our super, duper get together and help us consume a super, duper Schmalzmeal (don't ask me what it means - it is a German, no Austrian word, I have just invented. Anyway, that's the sort of food our chiefs Ant(eater) and Karen are going to prepare. Will you please come with your super, duper 6.9 ? Regards :) Styria

Yep , I need to get a life :D
What date is the GTG ?

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Sorry guys how does the TK gathering have to do with my original post?

Styria

The Godfather
An objection has been received regarding the copying of a thread relating to the finding, and subsequent restoration activities on a 380SEL. It is quite clear that we should not copy entire threads or posts from another website, unless permission is sought and granted in the first place. From a personal perspective, I was about 50/50 on the whole deal, but in the end etiquette and fair play must take priority.

The article itself was excellent (with some slight reservations), and I found it quite informative. If our member is able to obtain permission from the original poster of that thread, I am prepared to restore the link. Additionally however, any copying that may be granted should be restricted to those posts created by the original poster. Additional comments from other posters are of no real benefit and, in my case, of no interest.

For those curious to have a look at that thread on Ozbenz, I recommend that you may wish to visit that site. The article itself is of great interest. Regards, Moderator.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
The general principle of forums is that you don't post from another forum without seeking permission.

Why?

The answer is that when you do so, you breach the copyright of the original poster and you breach copyright laws.
Apart from the legal aspect it is poor manners to take another person's post without seeking permission.

Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi guys even though the post has been removed. The owner of this car Carl also owns a concourse winning W116 280 , a ford XR GT, and a 512BB Ferrari . So it had found a good home. Geoff

carl888

Connoisseur
I didn't realise you were into W126 models over here! Anyway, feel free to do with what ever moves you with the posts and link. Work is progressing slowly, diligently and now, somewhat expensively! Still, the entire project has now cost less than one months depreciation on a new Commodore.

Regards,

Carl.

http://ozbenz.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14980

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Hi Carl great post about your W126 and the 380SE is a superb car.

carl888

Connoisseur
Thanks, it's coming along. Engine feels very strong after all the smog gear fell off. With very careful tuning, it still meets ADR 27..........just!

The interior and exterior are disgusting so over the coming months that will be sorted.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Okay Carl please keep us posted about the car and post photos as well.

Cheers Tim.

WiSeGuYY

THANKS to CARL for sharing the post and for TIM to draw our attention for this project and you MODERATOR for your comment and ethics

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Hello Carl how is your 380SE going what is the latest with the car?

Cheers.

carl888

Connoisseur
Hello Carl how is your 380SE going what is the latest with the car?

Cheers.

Not much worth mentioning over the last 8 weeks, hardly touched it, been swamped with other projects (As in doing some work!).

I should have some updates in the coming weeks, with pics, I'll let you know.