Lang Han####'s 300SE up for sale again

More threads by 260ebenz

Tony66_au

Nice!

I was looking at this car last night actually, the guy selling is a prestige wholesaler.

BTW you cant say #### on TK mate....

####adoodledoo

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Tim this car has been for sale for at least 3 years including shannons. The fact it is still for sale would suggest there is something wrong with the car. As each time it has been on ebay or auction it has failed to make its reserve and remains unsold.I have notblooked at this car in person but when an item remains unsellable for such a long period questions need to be asked. Geoff

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Yep Geoff you are right 300SE was for sale at Shannons as well.

Questions would have to be asked if there is something wrong the car because the car keeps coming up for sale quite alot.

How come we can't use that word here on the Forum ####?

Last edited:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Brian i did note that the add states it has the 2.8 motor and not the original 3.0 motor which i know is alot dearer to rebuild. I remember reading that the standard low compression pistons were double the price of the higher compression 300sl pistons. Which means it is ripe to become a 300se 6.3 as it is no longer orriginal there is not the concern to keep it that way. As the add does not mention the ability to purchase the original motor for the car. Anyway nice car but as it has been on the market so long with no buyers the question still needs to be asked what is the car hidding apart from the obvious. Or to put it another way RUN FORREST RUN. Geoff

Tony66_au

Glad someone brought up the Shannons attempt at sale, I called a mate of mine just now and he remembers the car well.

His thoughts on it were that it was a clean enough example but nobody wanted to pay the money for it which was higher than it is advertised for at the moment.

I dont think the money is huge for its type but if someone was looking to Value add the item by listing Lang as a previous owner then they would be left begging.

That said I quite like it, Colour and all!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I think the car's exterior colour is beautiful, but the upholstery (in turquoise) is definitely NO match and is probably what is making it difficult to sell.

The other reason it is not selling is the price.
The market dictates what a car is worth!

e.g. I have been sitting on a high price trying to sell by 500SL AMG in carsales.com.au for months... (not too many calls)

Obviously, it is NOT worth that much, but then again, I am not desperate ;)

Styria

The Godfather
I'd be interested in Helmet's opinion. Personally, I think the car is overpriced, given the less than favourable colour of the interior - in fact, I think it is quite ghastly. The 280 engine - it's a big no no for a car like this. MB may have stated that the 280 engine was more powerful, and cheaper to produce (I don't think they said that), but a 300 engine is what it is - totally imposing, totally over the top size wise, but it is the real thing.

Looking at the engine bay, you also have to wonder why they economized on the top radiator hose. Surely with a car like this, a $100.00 (?) hose should not present any problems. Yes, maybe bring the price down by $$$$$, and one could be persuaded ? Regards Styria

Tony66_au

It appears to be a car that has been mucked about with a bit too much and then overpriced on the flimsy premise that it was owned by a Mining magnate........

Im sure there are hundreds of other cars, utes, tractors and assorted mining plant that can also claim to have been owned by Hanpenis but did he actually have it as a daily driver?

I dunno, to me it looks like a Girlfriend or mistress car.

But the kicker is that its been buggered about with.

As a good faith gesture, Id offer the guy 2 slabs of Polish beer (SlaboVic) and id even make sure they were cold, In exchange for the car.

Last edited:

abl567

Super Moderator
Not remotely like a Citroen, unless the Citroen is a bitza as well, then we could have a connection:rolleyes:

Styria

The Godfather
Looking at this car again, the question that I would pose to everyone:

If it was their car, and they wanted to sell, what would, or should one do, to make the car more attractive to potential buyers ?

I don't think there is much wrong with the exterior - in fact I think it's quite fabulous. Colour of hubcaps ? Should they be white (as on the roof), or should they be the body colour. Interior -mismatch of upholstery and carpet colours ? Black steering wheel ? Would anyone prefer white ? Regards Styria

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Looking at this car again, the question that I would pose to everyone:

If it was their car, and they wanted to sell, what would, or should one do, the make the car more attractive to potential buyers ?

I don't think there is much wrong with the exterior - in fact I think it's quite fabulous. Colour of hubcaps ? Should they be white (as on the roof), or should they be the body colour. Interior -mismatch of upholstery and carpet colours ? Black steering wheel ? Would anyone prefer white ? Regards Styria

I think what would make it more attractive is the price.

Because of the fact it is no longer original (different engine), the value is now strictly what a person would pay for it on a whim.

But they're asking 'real' value. Good luck.