It's very Black!!!

More threads by WGB

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Let us know Bill. Apparently performance only a second behind to 100kmh.

Styria

The Godfather
Bill, great stuff - you're getting a car and a half. Is this your actual car that you're buying ? It's quite a beautiful colour exterior wise although, I must confess, I'd prefer a light coloured interior. If I may be sceptical about one item - those wheels - I am not criticising their looks - merely the effort that one would have to expand to keep them clean, especially with brake dust accumulating on the fronts. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes it is his car Styria. :D

OP
WGB

WGB

Bill, great stuff - you're getting a car and a half. Is this your actual car that you're buying ? It's quite a beautiful colour exterior wise although, I must confess, I'd prefer a light coloured interior. If I may be sceptical about one item - those wheels - I am not criticising their looks - merely the effort that one would have to expand to keep them clean, especially with brake dust accumulating on the fronts. Regards Styria

I am not so worried about keeping them clean as that is likely to be someone else that will do that. The colour does tend to disguise the brake dust a bit I am assuming.
What I am worried about is that they are 20 inch wheels and the risk of kerb damage is high plus the cost of replacement tyres is going to be interesting.
As far as kerb rash goes the 360 degree cameras show where the wheels are in relation to the kerb plus the car has complete automatic parking for both parallel and right angle parking.
Anyway the colour and wheels were what came with the car - take it or leave it so to speak.

Bill

Styria

The Godfather
Congratulations Bill, I know I'd enjoy it:eek:
On fuel economy I just took my 6.3 for a run up to Port Macquarie as a shake down for the Melbourne meet, 20 mpg average and that included a blast up the mountain to Dorrigo, well pleased

That figure of 20 mpg is almost unheard of -I think it illustrates just how well your engine is running, and that the fuel supply system and tune of the car seem to be absolutely spot on. How do your figures compare with Martin's 6.3 ? You are running side by side, so that would make an ideal comparison. Seeing I am talking of Martin's car, did he manage to have Helmet install the rebuilt front valve successfully, or did he finish up taking the 560SEL ? Regards. Styria

abl567

Super Moderator
I've averaged 18mpg on this run so far, Martin unfortunately had to leave the trip the next morning and head back to Sydney for personal reasons, I'm pleased and relieved to say all will turn out well.
Yes he managed to have the valve installed and it worked perfectly. We met up with Art Love in Albury in his white 6.3, which had shorted the cigar lighter and blown the short stubby 25amp fuse for the wipers. He called me from Moree and asked if I had a spare, I didn't but a quick call to MB Spares had 6 of them overnight to our hotel!
We are now in Mildura having stayed in Echuca last night, today was 4 and a half hours drive through some very remote country (relative), we avoided the major highways so a lot of it was on single lane paved roads in the middle of nowhere, with no phone reception, 2 children under 10 and a 45 year old car.
I think foolhardy is a better description than brave. Needless to say I scanned the instruments constantly but Six 3 ran perfectly, A/C on the whole way and instruments rock steady. I have a renewed appreciation and enthusiasm for my car:cool:
I shall start a new thread with pics and a story on my return. Broken hill tomorrow up through the outback:eek:

260ebenz

Master
Please post photos Ant.

Hope you & your Family have a great time cruising around in the 6.3

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Wish I could have been there.