Matte black paint

More threads by WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

HI TOPKLASSE MEMBERS,
I start notice many Matte Black paint or carbon black as they start calling it after one of my freinds dare to paint his BMW M6 ( the result is awsome) .i went to google and found many RR , SLS and what usually called black edition , i'm confused and tempted for painting my version of RED PIG .

your thoughts are welcome .

REGARDS

TAREK

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Matte Red Piglet?

Cute:D

Oversize

Grand Master
Not that long ago the team at a well known car magazine wrapped a Evo X in black vinyl. Looked cool, but it was apparently difficult to maintain. At least it could be peeled off when the novety wore thin! :rolleyes: Personally I'd rather have gloss paint, which feels like glass and beads water every time it gets wet.

Last edited:
OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Dear MICHEL & MARK,

First MICHEL if i go for MATTE BLACK it will be BLACK piglet , otherwise i will go for the REG PIGLET ( if i can source the badges and then it will be gloss RED paint .
since i now in the process of getting the paint work started idid read a lot of the matte black and of course read about cheap vinyle and i have the same worries as MARK -peeling and wrincle , but i am talking ofpaint job using the color BLACK MATTE as black edition SLS and many more exotic versions which came out lately.

i'm sure MICHEL will only stop the smeering after the piglet is finished and i start posting pictures .
REGARDS

TAREK

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Certainly, from a detailer's pont of view, matte paint should be easier to maintain than shiny paint

With matte paint, however, metallic effects are not possible; they need a shiny top clear top coat to work.

I would reason that dark matte paint is harder to see at night, and absorbs more heat from the sun during the day. Idea! - How about fluorescent black paint?
Inside a car with matte black paint in 40 degree plus heat, it ain't 'alf 'ot mum! It would be like driving a mobile oven.

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Dear MICHEL & MARK,

First MICHEL if i go for MATTE BLACK it will be BLACK piglet , otherwise i will go for the REG PIGLET ( if i can source the badges and then it will be gloss RED paint .
since i now in the process of getting the paint work started idid read a lot of the matte black and of course read about cheap vinyle and i have the same worries as MARK -peeling and wrincle , but i am talking ofpaint job using the color BLACK MATTE as black edition SLS and many more exotic versions which came out lately.
i'm sure MICHEL will only stop the smeering after the piglet is finished and i start posting pictures .
REGARDS

TAREK

Sneering?

Moi?

Annoyed-smiley.jpg

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

OUI TOI MON AMI , you sounded like you disapprove the ENGINE , no matter how many times i told you that the M100 or / 6.3 nor 6.8 they don't exist in EGYPT - i never crossed any of them all my life plus i still need you to come try the new engine after installation- not done yet - hope from all my heart that you change your position ( will keep trying to convince you) .

MICHEL - there are no racing rings in EGYPT ( at least not yet) so there are no place to run as hot rod or track race , only streets so it is the look i'm after not the speed.
REGARDS

TAREK

P.S my french is worse than ever -sorry for spelling if any.

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi BenzBoy , I KNOW MICHEL , he is DA MAN , one of my favorite GUYS , i was just teesing him , i know he is honest and he means well . It was just a JOKE ,i'm sure he will understand and not get upset .

To MICHEL , keep the comments MAN , it jut motivate me to do better JOB .
P.S I LOVE the way you comment with one of the best sense of humor.

REGARDS
TAREK