Ceramic paint treatment?

More threads by BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Master
What is the collective wisdom about ceramic paint treatment as opposed to traditional waxes? I am uncertain about this area so perhaps someone here can shed some more light on the subject please?
Regards,
Brian

Patrick_R

Connoisseur
Brian,
Please check with Mercedes Benz as to what has actually been done to your paint work at the factory, (if any)

The gold S430 I had, had factory paint protection and it was amazing.
I’d hate to do anything to that factory finish that may effect its longevity.

Styria

The Godfather
There is a lot of advertising on the net these days, but I have had no practical experience. Well, no experience at all, full stop. However, I did purchase two bottles of FORTIFY Quick Coat, and advertised as SHINE ARMOR. Made in America, the rest is guesswork. It claims to be a waterless wash, shine & protect. Regards Styria

c107

and 111/126
What is the collective wisdom about ceramic paint treatment as opposed to traditional waxes? I am uncertain about this area so perhaps someone here can shed some more light on the subject please?
Regards,
Brian
I would also be interested in this as ceramic coating is pushed heavily but I don't really understand how effective it is. Some people pay big money for it to be professionally applied too.

OP
B

BenzBoy

Master
Brian,
Please check with Mercedes Benz as to what has actually been done to your paint work at the factory, (if any)

The gold S430 I had, had factory paint protection and it was amazing.
I’d hate to do anything to that factory finish that may effect its longevity.
The E350 Coupe came with ceramic coating from the factory and the paint feels like glass - very different from anything I have felt before but that is the extent of my knowledge on the matter, hence my question here. A chemist did explain the differnce to me but my mind glazed over when he talked of the different molecular structures between ceramic and wax.
Regards,
Brian

Patrick_R

Connoisseur
Ohhhhhh boy.
That sounds like when I start training people ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Then you should do nothing to the E350 Brian.
It will be good for many years.
Any information on the Estate?

OP
B

BenzBoy

Master
The Estate is a fine and proper motor vehicle with no issues to report. We drove down to Ulladulla and back last weekend and still have 900 kms left in the tank. It has a coating of Swissvax.
The Esate is probably of no interest to members here who are more taken by go faster bits so I have not said much about it.
Regards,
Brian

Patrick_R

Connoisseur
Of course it is of interest Brian.

It’s your car, and that is what makes it interesting.

That is amazing economy considering it’s still very low k.

260ebenz

Master
There is a lot of advertising on the net these days, but I have had no practical experience. Well, no experience at all, full stop. However, I did purchase two bottles of FORTIFY Quick Coat, and advertised as SHINE ARMOR. Made in America, the rest is guesswork. It claims to be a waterless wash, shine & protect. Regards Styria
Hi Styria I was actually very kindly given by another Mercedes Club Member a bottle of the Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat and it is an excellent product to use on both cars here at home!

Attachments

• OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 3