Blue Flame (6301)

More threads by Oversize

WiSeGuYY

Hey TIM and TONY , i will soon put BLU ( my w116 project) on the road as soon it is out from hospital ( bodywork and paint job) about january , but i'm not worried about fuel since it will not be for driving -shame to be sitting hours in traffic jams ( same as w126) will be parked in the garage.

only the C204 and the beemer X3 are the ones are used for about 100 km /day but cause of te silly traffic you can't judge consumption . we have another car to do the household shopping but it is 2.0 liter mitsubish engine on a TOYOTA prado imitation ( chinese company called GONOW) called lLANDROCK ( GX6)i doubt it even get approval to be sold in AUSTRALIA

regards

TAREK

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Tarek we have a vehicle that is similar in Australia it is called the Greatwall x240 MADE WITH toyota chassis and 2.4litre Mitsubishi engine horrible vehicle workmate owns one

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
To be fair with the prices I get 10 cents per litre discount with a Safeways/Woolworths docket but OUCH!

Come on guys.

Fuel prices are dropping
Local Caltex here had Vortex 98 @ $1.41

260ebenz

Master
$1.41 for Caltex 98 at Prestons well Michel I might have to move to your neck of the woods with those fuel prices and Tony's fuel prices ain't bad either.

Always used BP Servo's when filling up ever since I bought the 260 almost 4yrs ago.

No Caltex in Nelson Bay anymore only Shell and BP.

Shell fuel prices in the Bay not much better why am I paying so much more for fuel??

Tony66_au

The discount cycle in Melb and suburbs doesn't extend to country Vic and Evans petroleum has the monopoly for miles around except the woolworths/safeways Caltex supplied outlets.

I used to pay whatever but I found out by accident that the Vortex 98 agreed with my cars more than the BP 98 and with a 4, 8, 10 or 15 cent discount docket how could i not go to Caltex?

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Well I just treated her to an oil and filter change, plus a complete inspection. Lets just say I'm a bit disappointed and it looks like Red Bull may be coming to the M100 tour instead.... Pics to follow after the 23rd, when my net speed is back to normal.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well I just treated her to an oil and filter change, plus a complete inspection. Lets just say I'm a bit disappointed and it looks like Red Bull may be coming to the M100 tour instead.... Pics to follow after the 23rd, when my net speed is back to normal.

Sorry to hear about the disappointment..

However.... I luuurve RED

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Not that she can't be fixed; it'll just take longer than I thought. I was hoping to have her ready for my mum's 70th and the M100 tour, but I simply don't have the time to get everything done. Ah well, mum loved the colour of Red Bull anyway! By the way it's come to my attention that if you have the knowledge, a comprehensive inspection on a 6.9 can take ages! Unfortunately it's been time spent that I can't afford at the moment, hence my disappointment. I can see why others stick to Fords and Holdens, as they're far simpler and the inexperienced would be way out of their depth on most MBs. It's certainly been an eye opener and some essential info for everyone will be forthcoming shortly. I was going to post it all under this thread, but I think some subjects should stand alone.

Last edited:
OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
For those of you that wanted to know the details about the Centras: They're 8J x 16" with an offset of e11. After measuring them thoroughly, I can confirm that translates to +11mm (ie. the mating surface with the hub is 11mm closer to the face / outside of the wheel, measured from the centreline of the wheel). I'd be interested to know the offset of the original Bundts, so I might go and find one later and compare the two. I did notice that the Centras also use sleeves to mount them snugly over the nose of the hubs, as the pilot hole in the centre of the wheels must be larger than the original ones. I also noticed that the front wheel bearing caps have been 'flattened' to allow the Centra caps to fit. Pics to follow soon. Although the front tyres are marked 225, the section width is 250mm and the rear tyres are marked 255, with a section width of 275mm. That's 10.8" !! :cool:

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Well I just finished the list of repairs and I've come up with 52 items for RWC, and additional 70 to make it reliable and 35 cosmetic issues. With a grand total of 157, it's no wonder she's going on the backburner for now... :eek:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well I just finished the list of repairs and I've come up with 52 items for RWC, and additional 70 to make it reliable and 35 cosmetic issues. With a grand total of 157, it's no wonder she's going on the backburner for now... :eek:

Are we still talking of the Blue Flame or the Red Bull:confused:

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
They'll be a separate thread for Red Bull coming shortly. She's back in the shed for an oil change and inspection. I'm hoping the repair list won't be as long, or extensive....

Tony66_au

Stop sooking and GET STUCK IN!

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Yeah normally I wouldn't be put off by a long list, but the cracks in the chassis and a badly bent front crossmember were a shock and not easy to fix in a short timeframe!!! More rust than I thought too, but at least it's not in the doors (actually that's probably better)! :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

Tony66_au

Yeah normally I wouldn't be put off by a long list, but the cracks in the chassis and a badly bent front crossmember were a shock and not easy to fix in a short timeframe!!! More rust than I thought too, but at least it's not in the doors (actually that's probably better)! :eek::eek::eek:

Holy Crap Mark! That must have been a blow.

Worth a thread methinks!

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Yep I'll be doing separate threads for some of it, with pics that I took along the way.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Here's some closer pics of the wheels. The first one shows the size. After measuring them, I found it also revealed the offset (e11):

CIMG6396.jpg

Normally the wheel centre caps wouldn't fit (unless the bearing covers are modified):

CIMG6499.jpg

And the pilot holes are too big, requiring sleeves to be fitted. This one stuck to the rear hub:

CIMG6500.jpg

And this is why they'll probably have to be painted and not polished :(:

CIMG6437.jpg

CIMG6439.jpg

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I measured the offset of an original alloy wheel (part number 1084001002), which is stamped 6 1/2 x 14 H2 and AS 162. By my calculation the offset is e29.5, or 29.5mm positive.

Last edited: