Blue Train Gurney Nutting replicar

More threads by motec 6.9

Styria

The Godfather
Geoff, great minds think alike, fools never differ. Double the misery now for BenzBoy. Sorry, I honestly hadn't seen your thread. Regards Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Brian just as aside Petersen is the person who made the 27litre bentley that was on topgear. It also used a P11 chassis. :D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
That rear 'cut' epitomises the word coupe

Styria

The Godfather
The more I look at this car, the more beautiful it represents in its ugliness. Just imagine seeing it at a Rolls Royce concours - sorry, but I would just simply go 'ga ga' over it. Just look at that comfy back seat, the magnificent louvres for the bonnet openings, the four SU carburettors - yes, she's mighty.

BTW, talking about multiple carburettor fittings - the ROVER 3 litre is fitted with a single 2' SU carburettor. In those day, the '60s that is, there was a tendency for manufacturers outdoing each other (has anything changed ?), and the Rover Company, in search of extra power, decided to fit a prototype with a triple 2" set-up - you know, to try and match Jaguar and others - in the end, that triple installation yielded an extra 3 h.p. Guess what - the idea was kaputt. They tried something similar with the Rover 2000TC - two 2" SUs, but that's another story, for another day. Regards Styria