Magnetite Blue 6.9

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Very well known and respected NSW Club member has indicated that he is seriously considering the sale of his 6.9.

Whilst not totally immaculate, it has always been very well maintained and mechanically, as far as I know, it is in 1st class condition. It's travelled,about 285k. kilometers. Both gearbox and differential were reconditioned a number of years ago - he had been particularly unlucky as the circlip on one of the clutch packs in the gearbox decided to break and allow the clutch assembly to contact the forward clutch drum.

With the differential, one of the crown wheel and pinion bolts fell out and destroyed the diff. Obviously, both items were properly repaired and/or replaced. The owner has never shirked spending money on the car and he has all receipts for services and repairs going back many years.

Upholstery and carpet are also in excellent condition and this is a car well worth looking at. The asking price, reasonably firm, is in the $13k. region.
For details, please contact me on 0428-50-1800. Regards Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi guys, just to let everyone know that the car has been withdrawn from sale. Regards and apologiers, Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Some water has gone under the bridge in the last two months, and since the car was originally mentioned to me to be up for sale. The owner has now listed it on Car Pointhttp://carpoint.com.au/used-car/MERCEDES/450SEL/New%20South%20Wales/csn7430585.aspx and I can reveal that it is now driving quite superbly.

He has bought a Milan Brown ex UK car to replace his Magnetite Blue car, purportedly low mileage and supposedly the best 6.9 in Australia (the Milan Brown). I think that title belongs to a 6.9 that's housed at Dural in Sydney, or perhaps the Astral Silver one at Bateau Bay. I prefer the former, if only because of its colour.

Magnetite Blue - a very unusual colour - a bit of Violet thrown in and, as evidenced by the pics, very attractive and striking. The brightwork is just about faultless and unmarked, and the interior does not suffer from the usual 116 leather upholstery failing as Parks and I took care of all of that back in 2001. Yes, well worthwhile looking at, and quickly - at the price, it will not last long. Regards Styria

N.B. Apologies for not having highlighted the web address properly. I'll try again. http://carpoint.com.au/used-car/MERCEDES/450SEL/New South Wales/csn7430585.aspx

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I kinda like this colour....

Plus it's different from the browns and greens around :p

Last edited:
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Have to agree ..that is a very nice colour..

Hi Hoddo, it's probably very similar in colour to your 450SLC - just a shade more violet and not quite so much 'BLUE' - if that makes sense. Regards Styria

116Benz

Have a look at Martin 280S' Genevieve (yes, the 280S), she's a rather dashing shade of Magnetite Blue. It's a really beautiful colour.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Have a look at Martin 280S' Genevieve (yes, the 280S), she's a rather dashing shade of Magnetite Blue. It's a really beautiful colour.

I did notice that about a fortnight ago and in fact remarked to Martin 280S how good the car in his avatar looked and how long he had used it - I had never noticed it before ! His answer - 12 months. So there you go.....Regards Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Just to bring everyone up to date - the car has been sold to a Northern Beaches (Sydney) buyer twelve thousand dollars - asking price had been twelve nine.

The car had a lot of money spent on it over the last eight to ten years, and it showed a mileage of a tad over $300k. kilometers. Whilst the paintwork was quite "schmick ?" when viewed from a distance, there were nevertheless some quite serious flaws by way of moisture pimples etc. - mind you, it still looked quite acceptable and the car did drive nicely - good suspension, just starting to show air cell replacement signs (a bit like ChrisP.'s Wilhelm), so it does illustrate that there are buyers outthere. This particular purchaser had indeed travelled to both Brisbane and Melbourne to look at a Silver (Qld.) and Red 6.9s, but both cars were apparently seriously short of certain items of quality, bad enough for the prospective purchaser to walk away. Anyway, that's one chapter closed. Regards Styria