Blue Flame (6301)

More threads by Oversize

Tony R

Hi Styria

Im the new owner of Marks "Blue Flame" 450 SEL 6.9. We are in the process of finalising arrangements and getting the car back to Darwin NT. Ive read the posts and am keen to get her back into top condition. Im really keen to find as much history on the car as I can and wonder if "Black Hands"(Duncan) can provide me with any information (Or any documentation).

Any leads you can provide would be greatly appreciated !!

Cheers
Tony

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Well this is weird posting from the other side of ownership!! Welcome to the forum and very happy to help where i can.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Tony, a hearty welcome to TK. If your post is any guide, it would seem that Blue Flame has gone to a good home, and I wish you the best with any endeavours you may devote to bringing Blue Flame up to specs. I'd doubt if Blach Hands would be able to help you any longer - in fact, without checking, I'd venture to say that it has been some time since he has visited.

However, I'd reckon that Mark has plenty of documentation detailing the work that was carried out probably, what, fifteen years ago ? I seem to remember sending just about all copies of all Invoices referring to the work I had carried out. The car was certainly resprayed in full, and there was also quite a bit of mechanical work that had been carried out. Presently, I cannot precisely recall all details, but Mark should be able to help you. In those days, all Invoices were in long hand and I think that the Invoice books were disposed of about thre to four years ago. Anyway, if ever you have any queries, if you ring my mobile, 0428 50 1800 I will try and assist you as best as possible. Regards. Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Tony, a hearty welcome to TK. If your post is any guide, it would seem that Blue Flame has gone to a good home, and I wish you the best with any endeavours you may devote to bringing Blue Flame up to specs. I'd doubt if Blach Hands would be able to help you any longer - in fact, without checking, I'd venture to say that it has been some time since he has visited.

However, I'd reckon that Mark has plenty of documentation detailing the work that was carried out probably, what, fifteen years ago ? I seem to remember sending just about all copies of all Invoices referring to the work I had carried out. The car was certainly resprayed in full, and there was also quite a bit of mechanical work that had been carried out. Presently, I cannot precisely recall all details, but Mark should be able to help you. In those days, all Invoices were in long hand and I think that the Invoice books were disposed of about three to four years ago. Anyway, if ever you have any queries, if you ring my mobile, 0428 50 1800 I will try and assist you as best as possible. Regards. Styria

Looks as though this reply has been duplicated. Sincere apologies

Tony R

Thanks Mark and Styria
Its good to know the support is there !!! Im sure I will have lots of questions along the way
Cheers
Tony R

Tony R

Does anyone know where to source a suspension adjustment knob (the knob above the steering column) for a 6.9 ? Blue Flames is missing !

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
The knob does screw off and is held in place by a 12mm locknut with just 2 flat surfaces. Does anyone have access to the EPC for the part number?

Styria

The Godfather
Last time I checked, about five years ago, one had to buy the cable and knob as a complete unit. My memory is a bit hazy, but I would venture to guess that the cost approached the two hundred dollar mark. Chances are it may no longer be available. It is actually quite an elaborate arrangement, with a built in switch etc.

Replacing the cable, if one had to, can be a tortous process. I do think that I have a unit on hand, but will check. Regards. Styria

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Just to add some final pix from the photo shoot of the old girl, just before sale. I hope she's still going well?

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg