6.9 tune up kit

More threads by motec 6.9

Styria

The Godfather
That's a very reasonably priced kit. I wouldn't mind knowing further details about the ignition lead set, especially details regarding the resistor readings on the .......my God, I have forgotten the name. 6.9 units have 5 ohms resistance, although one can use the 1 ohms units if need be.

As a matter of interest, could someone explain to me in every day language the reason for the difference in those ohms readings - I believe it is something to do with radio reception, but that seems a terribly long shot from reality. Regards Styria

N.B. Sorry but the PC between the ears is on strike.

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Styria i know the original 6.9 leads had resistance but they have ceased to make those leads . Not sure but i think it was for radio reception but it would appear that it was not needed. As they have ceased to offer resistance leads and as you know we are limited to plugs we can buy for our cars as well. Geoff

Styria

The Godfather
Geoff, what do you mean with your reference to spark plugs, or are you talking about the metal caps ? (Their name still escapes me - someone please help !) Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
That posting on eBay is by TK member Fotografa also trading as Bits4Benz.

I can recommend him highly for very reasonnable prices and excellent service