2000 model lexus GS300 for sale

More threads by c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
2000 model Lexus GS300. Straight six 5 speed auto. Silver with black leather interior.
This is my wife's car that is being replaced by the S211.
we are the 2nd owners. It has a full service history, was dealer serviced until 111,000 and since then independent.
It came with all the options you could get on a Lexus GS300 in 2000, including Xenon headlights, woodgrain steering wheel, sunroof, rear spoiler etc. 5 alloy wheels (no silly space saver here)
145k.
Also has the northern beaches parking sticker on it which gives you until end of August 2017 free parking at various beaches.
Put a new battery in it a few months ago.
also new brake rotors and pads less than 12 months ago (genuine Lexus).
Tyres are about 18 months old. Yokohamas from memory.
3 months rego left
Good condition overall.

It is having a scratch down the side repaired by Jerry next week.

Asking for $6500, would also swap for a W116 or pre 1986 W126 plus cash.

Will post photos once the scratch is repaired.

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
That should be a cracking good car, with a lovely interior and a nicely styled, elegant exterior. Their shape has always appealed to me unlike some of the other Toyota models. One model I have always liked, however, was the 1988ca. Cressida, and that was a beautiful car to drive, with an overdrive automatic gearbox, nice twin overhead camshaft engine that purred like a sewing machine, nice sound system and beautifully crafted interior velour upholstery.

I can only imagine that the Lexus, being the far newer car, would be ever so much better again. Sorry, I am not a prospective buyer, nevertheless good luck. Incidentally, you mention Ch. 116 as a trade plus cash - once you have sold the Lexus, keep in mind that my 450SE is looking for a home. It has previously featured with details of interior work in TK. Regards. Styria

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
The Lexus is a nice car and one we've had for 5 years. I actually didn't think I would like it much assuming it was a camry with nicer leather (having driven many camrys as rentals). But its not. It has a smooth inline six and its been a good family car for us.

but we now need more space hence the S211.

I've sent you a PM about the 450SE.

Styria

The Godfather
Well yeah, THAT is great going. Did you sell it through TK, or was it advertised elsewhere as well ? Regards. Styria

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
funnily enough, my sister ended up buying it, so I sold it to her for my floor price; she gets a good car and I get to live without the hassle of trying to sell it.

It was a very good car for the money and with a bit of work from Jerry it looked very good. Its been a very good family car for us for 5 years and 35,000km
30016576605_30dd1dab83_c.jpg

Styria

The Godfather
Judging by the photo, it certainly ticks all the boxes. Very smart and elegant. Regards. Styria

N.B. I have always admired this conservative, yet solid looking shape. No frills, no wings, just a very solid and well lasting styling.

Last edited:
OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Not sure how everyone else fared, but this car was sold to my sister who lives in the eastern suburbs. It was caught out in the tennis ball size hail and is now rather battered looking.

It won't be written off as she will continue to drive it with the lexus looking like a golf ball.

Oversize

Grand Master
That’s where TOYOTA went Post-Cressida era!

Golf ball??? Another reason why I don’t live in Sydney....

abl567

Super Moderator
We had a Norfolk Island Pine lose it's top half, about 17m, onto our overhead power lines in the front yard. Our poles and wires so our problem.
The power came back on in the street at about 1:30am having being blacked out since 6:00pm.
Integral energy kindly came by a 3:00am and disconnected our power to "make safe"
I dragged the fallen top half away with the Hilux in 4WD low and $1980 later for an emergency sparky they re hung and tensioned the wire so we have power, as as we are on tank water, running water again.

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
We had a Norfolk Island Pine lose it's top half, about 17m, onto our overhead power lines in the front yard. Our poles and wires so our problem.
The power came back on in the street at about 1:30am having being blacked out since 6:00pm.
Integral energy kindly came by a 3:00am and disconnected our power to "make safe"
I dragged the fallen top half away with the Hilux in 4WD low and $1980 later for an emergency sparky they re hung and tensioned the wire so we have power, as as we are on tank water, running water again.

Bad luck with the tree but sounds like you did pretty well getting an electrician just before xmas after a big storm.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Glad to read youre all OK.

Styria

The Godfather
Anthony, you're lucky that you had the financial resources to get yourself out of trouble so quickly. I am sure it would have been an annoying experience.

BTW, many years ago I was in the Insurance Business with the GIO of NSW. Pity that the NSW Govt. sold that Government body to the private sector. There was no need for it as they were making heaps of money. However, something tells me that you should be able to submit a valid Insurance claim. It should fall under the heading of damage caused by " Storm and Tempest". Maybe you have already explored that avenue. Glad it's all fixed now. Regards Styria

abl567

Super Moderator
Hi Michael,
I did indeed lodge a claim with Shannons for the damage, who offered at the time of lodgment the option of temporary accommodation or, if I was able to have the work done, reimbursement of the cost. They also approved the removal of the fallen tree, repair of the 2 destroyed fences and a cash settlement for a number of other trees also felled. The other trees were frangipanis which I absolutely despise for the leaves they drop but they are valued highly $$$$

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Glad to hear your ok Ant hopefully a Stiff drink was in order afterwards.

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
So an update on the Lexus. My sister has owned the car for the last 5 years, parked outside the whole time. Still in good mechanical condition but only average cosmetic condition, with the hail damage etc.

Earlier this year somebody drove into the car and broke off the front bumper. They were decent enough to leave their number.

the insurance stuffed around for months but finally decided they wanted to pay out on the car. I found all the GS300 on Carsales and gave those ads to my sister. In the end she was able to get $6500 cash and keep the car. She bought it off me for $5k! Cars with many more miles were wanting over $10k.

Before this silly used car market it would have been worth $1500.

This is perfect for her as she is building a house with a garage in 2022 and was planning to replace the car with a Nissan Leaf once she had off street parking to charge it.

she has been lucky as she has owned two cars in her life and the other one was a sat story. The SAS ran into the side of her Volvo 240 and the army paid her out a couple of grand and let her keep the car. Because those 240s were so well built the damage was limited to one rear door that no longer opened!