Lexus

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
How the '89 Lexus changed the World !! Well people will post anything.. I drove one of those early Lexus 400s... a barge for fat Yanks perhaps ?
The Engine was good for hundreds of thousands of miles ,granted. with normal maintenance, Cam Belt etc. The two Door Soarer import with a Turbos six,was a much better Car to Drive.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes Bryce, well built but would you like to have one as a daily driver ?
Someone once said that Jaguar was a well designed car that should have been built by the Japanese.... Continuing on.... a Rolls Royce was a badly designed Car that was very well built. For... me as I learn the ageing process , we can go either way , mentally or physically. same with Cars.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Oil burners.... as oil runs out.... from a Dublin commentator....Saudi Arabia will return from whence it came ... to a large heap of Sand. As the World turns to alternatives, the Americans are now flogging all their reserves whilst the going is good. Still it is my Grandchildren's problem.

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I would just love to own an LS400. :)
Only problem I have about that, is that I already own a very good equivalent, that is in rather nice condition for it's age, and I haven't the slightest intention of swapping an LS400 for it.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Nothing new with a Mercedes Ute being a Nissan or a Renault Engine in a currant Mercedes..... Morris Cars in the Twenties had a Meadows Engine. Then with BMC they had Austin Mechanicals. There probably is a long list Etc:)

Styria

The Godfather
I have always liked the shape of that era Lexus. Not sure who copied who, but many times when not looking too carefully, they are easy enough to look like a W126 of that same period.

One of perhaps a number of cars that appeals to me as an every day driver with a decent reputation and better than reasonable specifications is the Toyota Aurion, such as the Sportivo or even Prodigy as well as the Touring version. I drove behind a Prodigy today and I really like the rear appearance of those cars - very neat and compact, and quite elegant. Elegant ? Yes, I think so. Regards Styrioa

Patrick_R

Grand Master
The new fully imported Camry is stunningly good.

The older shape V6 Aurion with its twin pipes was quite a nice car Styria, I fully agree with you on this.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I used to get to drive all of the LS400 and LX470 when the were new in the 90's . My older brother was a salesman at Lexus if Canberra and I had weekend loans fairly frequently. Used to love drives to Kangaroo valley . Would love to retire there one day.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Unfortunately that grill reminds me of a Baleen whale Michel.