Paint quality

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Okey.. okey I heard you say.... The Paint on my new Hybrid Camry is tissue Paper thin and scratches if I look at it sideways. Where as our nine year old C Class comess:( up like a new Car when Hand Washed by local Car Wash.
This I find very annoying .. so I will look at selling the Toyota to a local Taxi owner / Company and buying a 3/4 year old C Class. Should be a few around after coming off Lease. We'll see.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Okey.. okey I heard you say.... The Paint on my new Hybrid Camry is tissue Paper thin and scratches if I look at it sideways. Where as our nine year old C Class comess:( up like a new Car when Hand Washed by local Car Wash.
This I find very annoying .. so I will look at selling the Toyota to a local Taxi owner / Company and buying a 3/4 year old C Class. Should be a few around after coming off Lease. We'll see.

Give us an idea of the colour and the interior colour. (PICTURES)
How many kilometres it has driven.
I might have a buyer :)

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Hybrid Camry is Light Silver about 7000Ks
Retro fitted Toyota front and rear Parking Sensors.
Usual Air Bags, Reversing Camera The new Japanese built model is light years ahead of the previous Local car. A couple of scratches on rear Bumper Will touch up by an expert hand
Interior is Greyish. Car is at Hunters Hill any time .
What is it worth ? What some one will pay !

Plenty of 204 Mercs for sale all have high Mileage .Always a pain looking for a good car

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
:)I have decided to look for a 204 around 2012 with the new 7 speed Auto.
The currant Model commands to many Dollars. Besides the 204s are very good cars and are less complex electronically. Maybe even a C 300. There seems to be a few in Queensland. distance is not a problem , My 207 S L came from Victoria.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I must say I am surprised about the paint Sean as that is one area Toyota normally excels in.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I confess surprise after you sang the praise of the Big T! :eek:
Over the last month or so I have had several rental cars; a Camry and a Commodore. Both very new but only one impressed; it was not the Camry.
Regards,
Brian

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Maybe I'm getting confused in my old age.... The Camry is still an excellent Car. nothing is set in Stone. Before I had Parking Sensors fitted I had a couple of minor Paint blemishes on the rear bumper. The Reverse Camera is not foolproof ( me ) It will depend how much I would have to write off from my purchase cost .. the thick end of $35K

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
I should practice what I preach ! I well recall a Mercedes Ad from many years ago
" A used Mercedes is better than a new anything else ".(. Dollar wise )

Styria

The Godfather
I confess surprise after you sang the praise of the Big T! :eek:
Over the last month or so I have had several rental cars; a Camry and a Commodore. Both very new but only one impressed; it was not the Camry.
Regards,
Brian

Hi BenzBoy, what was it that made you prefer the Commodore over the Camry ? The Commodore - was it the German (fully imported) version ? Considering Sean's previous opinions so well expressed on TK, plus Michel's Hybrid Camry that is oh soooo quiet, what is there not to like about them ? Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Toyota was is and are Kelvinator's or white goods on wheels. But that is what attracts people to them.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
It was a 4 cylinder standard Camry and a V6 Commodore both less than 12 months old. The Camry was efficient but slow to overtake - on kickdown the motor buzzed but the speedo drifted like a limp sail on a calm harbour. The Commodore had punch, tighter handling and better interior trim.
Perhaps the hybrid is a different beast?
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hybrid is a lot livelier. But V6 Camry is surprisingly peppy.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
has anybody used Mobile Bumper repairs lately.? I think i may have to have some Paint work done on both our Cars. The C Class in White and the Camry in Metallic Silver. Can the Metallic Paint be Air Dried ?? I'm thinking that if the whole Bumper be painted it will be more robust with an extra Coat ??
I drove the new A Class today and found for the money, $50 Grand plus , I much prefer the Camry. It is much quieter and has a smoother ride. The extra umph from the 24 Volt Battery electric motor helps Mercs small 1.4 turbo engine a lot, Feels very lively. Also I found the electrics are very complicated and confusing. Though I find a lot of things confusing these days.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
has anybody used Mobile Bumper repairs lately.? I think i may have to have some Paint work done on both our Cars. The C Class in White and the Camry in Metallic Silver. Can the Metallic Paint be Air Dried ?? I'm thinking that if the whole Bumper be painted it will be more robust with an extra Coat ??
What don’t you bring it down to Jerry.
You’ll get a decent job, in an oven, at a very reasonable price.

Also I found the electrics are very complicated and confusing. Though I find a lot of things confusing these days.
Try the new generation Citroen C3 or the Peugeot 00 series (2008-3008-5008)!!!
There are practically no dash switches, everything is operated by the screen module... and I mean everything :eek::eek: