2 Cassis 109 cars for sale - 3.5 & 6.3

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
See picture of the two cars side by side. The one on the right is the 3.5. Regards Styria

Last edited:
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Oh dear, Photobucket, PC and myself don't always get on with each other. Anyway, I am determined that I am going to be victorious in any altercation between us. So here goes - again, for the umpteenth time.

Rosses69051.jpg

Okay, so I think that this time I have started off correctly. Now, it's not very often that two cars of splendid quality, particularly the 3.5, are offered to the discerning buyer. Parks and I have had various involvements with both cars over the last four or so years, but not lately. I do know, however, that the owner is particularly fastidious and has never shirked the task of maintaining the cars in good ondition.

Rosses69002.jpg

Rosses69004.jpg

The paintwork on the 3.5 is flawless, all chrome is, again, flawless.

Rosses69003.jpg

The interior of the 3.5 - you will not find better. Carpets are unmarked, as are all the timber fittings, mostly original, but Parks has refurbished one or two timber items. The leather upholstery, in its unblemished quality, has to be seen to be believed. Timber first .....

Rosses69007.jpg
Rosses69011.jpg
Rosses69012.jpg
Rosses69013.jpg

Note the quality and condition of carpets and leather, both front and rear..

Rosses69045.jpg

Rosses69019-1.jpg

Rosses69018.jpg
Rosses69014-1.jpg

Rosses69015-1.jpg

Extremely low mileage of 103,144, log books and long registration...

Rosses69017-1.jpg

Rosses69013-1.jpg

Rosses69011-1.jpg

Rosses69045.jpg
Rosses69047.jpg
Rosses69049.jpg......

and then we have unmarked boot area and Sunroof.....

Rosses69046.jpg

Rosses69043-1.jpg

Rosses69044-1.jpg

The FIRM bargain price (in my opinion) is $15,000 - it's my understanding that, if it does not sell, the car will be offered to Shannons auctions - from what I know, it will sell for well above that figure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, that brings me to the 6.3 - again, very well maintained and quite a bit of money was spent about fifteen months ago on mechanicals, such as front flexible coupling and a number of other items. Trimwise, it is NOT as good as the 3.5, and the paintwork, although quite straight and presentable, does not compare quite so well again.

A number of years ago, the car was converted to run on LPG, but the original fuel tank is no longer in place. Of course, some may not like the idea of LPG but then, on the other hand, it does considerably decrease the cost of running expenses. Here are some pics.......long rego again...

Rosses69050.jpg
[
Rosses69023.jpg
Rosses69024.jpg

The under bonnet appearance of any 6.3 is quitemindblowing - where is that Spitfire/Focke Wolf engine...

Rosses69025.jpg

Rosses69026.jpg

Note the VERY low mileage, the exquisite 6.3 Tacho and the serious machinery visible through the front screen...

Rosses69029.jpg
Rosses69028.jpg

Genuine Radio and A/C on both cars......Originality is of great importance..

Rosses69031.jpg

Rosses69030.jpg.

The price on this car is also $15,000.00 - again, from what I know, if this car was to go to Shannons (more than likely), it will fetch a higher price. I know of a particular 6.3 (white) that was sold at Shannons for $25k. or thereabouts, with upholstery, but nice paint, in very poor condition.

For anyone that would like to know more about these two excellent examples of the air suspended 109 series, please phone me on my mobile, 0428-50-1800 and I will put you in touch with the owner. Regards Styria

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
These are good looking machines...
Very sharp and well kept.
Rosses69023.jpg
Love the colour on the 6.3

A little word of advice to the owner.

Putting them through Shannons auctions doesn't guarantee higher money.

Assuming Shannons will take them for auction.... they are funny from that regard in terms of chosing what vehicles they are prepard to put on their books and auction them.

Last edited:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
The 3.5 certainly attracts my attention - just a leeetle out of my price range at the moment.:eek:
I remember reading a Wheels road test on one when I was a kid and wanting one as a result of the test. At the time, a 3.5 sounded like the most magnificent beast ever devised.;)
Regards,
Benz-Boy

Parks

The 3.5 especially is a beautiful car, it has been extremely lazy all its life its done no work at all:D, the car is quite magnificent

G

GreaseMonkey

BenzBoy, stop typing on forum and get back to work.
Apart from this 3.5 there is a Facel Vega out there with your name on, and a Stanley Steamer that we know of.
Your taste in cars is, like mine, a bit eclectic, and needs a lot of work, so a lot of money.
To be encouraged and applauded though by us all.
Chris M.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
BenzBoy, stop typing on forum and get back to work.
Apart from this 3.5 there is a Facel Vega out there with your name on, and a Stanley Steamer that we know of.
Your taste in cars is, like mine, a bit eclectic, and needs a lot of work, so a lot of money.
To be encouraged and applauded though by us all.
Chris M.

G-M, ain't that the truth. :D But look what I just found - http://www.pa-wood.co.uk/preowned/classic-bentley/owen-sedanca-coupe.shtml
Pity about all the numbers before the decimal point...:eek:
Regards,
Benz-Boy

G

GreaseMonkey

A real class act!
I think our best hope here is to watch closely the fluctuating exchange rate, it is bouncing like a yo-yo right now, and in the race to see which currency goes down the gurgler fastest, US$, AU$, Euro or Sterling, we might just find a small window one day, when that car can be bought for AU$7.85.
Of course an hour later, it could be AU$10billion, but that's the fun of the game.
Chris M.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Well guys, I shall refrain from adding to the P. & A. Wood website display - very little information, just single pages. Almost a bit like the website of C. F. Mirbach - the site will not do justice to a personal visit.

I need to clarify matters relating to the 3.5 and 6.3 - I have been informed that the number plateds displayed are NOT part of the asking price, but they can be bought as an extra to the quoted purchase price - $3000.00 each.

Regarding Shannons - yeah, they may not take the car(s), but I do know of one 6.3 going under the hammer and, condition wise, it had nothing on the 3.5 illustrated here, yet it went for $25k. Regards Styria

Michael

Very nice looking W109's. I am in the market (for one, not two!) - could you tell me the contact details? Interested to check them out, if still on the market. The 3.5 looks beautiful but then again the 6.3's are very unique machines. Very nice! Thank you.

B

BAR

Do the number plates transfer with the sale of the car?

This would certainly help improve the eventual sales price.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Do the number plates transfer with the sale of the car?

This would certainly help improve the eventual sales price.

As I have stated, the number plates can go with the cars at an additional cost of $3000.00. That is the asking price.

Michael, thank you for joining topklasse. I apologize to you for being so slow in responding to your initiative regarding a possible purchase. Both cars are still for sale as the owner has made no effort on his own bat to sell them.

I consider the 3.5 to be quite excellent value for money as the owner has been quite fastidious in his maintenance programme. For instance, the boot mat alone about two to three years ago cost just on about $350.00..and the owner did not blink an eye lid. Anyway, I will be sending you a PM quoting the owner's name and mobile number. Whilst I will endeavour to advise you as best as possible, any negotiations are to be between yourself and the owner. Regards Styria

Michael

Thank you very much Styria. I will give the owner a call over the weekend to enquire. The silver one looks great but then again a 6.3 is a very special vehicle. It would be a difficult choice! Congratulations on an excellent website and resource for Merc-lovers. Best regards, Michael.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Michael, thank you indeed for your words of praise for our website - they are much appreciated. As you know, I have given you some details by way of PM, and it is not going to be an easy choice.

If you buy with your heart, you'll want the 6.3 ? If you're being practical and, dare I say it, level headed, the 3.5 should be your choice. Mind you, it is not perfect either, but still difficult to fault.

If you decide, even one way or another as far as purchase is concerned, I would very much appreciate in your findings and assessment. Regards Styria

c107

and 111/116/124/126
This thread is very old but I am curious if anyone from here purchased either of these cars or whatever happened to them? They are both very nice and that 3.5 in particular is lovely.