US 6.3 with Restoration Pics

More threads by Lukas

Styria

The Godfather
It seems like a nice and well cared for car, doesn't it ? A couple of items I find of interest. Firstly, the quoted horsepower of 300 - somewhere along the line, this car seems to have found an extra 50 horses. Don't know how.

The other comment relates to the 'OPERATIONAL' sliding levers for heating and cooling. Anyone that's had to deal with seized levers will testify to the difficulty in rectifying this problem. All 108 and 109 chassis models, but especially the 6.3, are not cars that lend themselves to easy restoration. Even removing the timber for the dash requires complete dismantling of all dash fittings, and removal of the heater core is a nightmare - to fix lever operations. The water taps are made of brass, with small circlips locating the plungers and corrosion usually renders them solid. Not an easy fix !

I must say that, in comparison, a 450 or 6.9 is child's play. That is my opinion. Regards Styria

OzBenzHead

Master
It seems like a nice and well cared for car, doesn't it ? A couple of items I find of interest. Firstly, the quoted horsepower of 300 - somewhere along the line, this car seems to have found an extra 50 horses. Don't know how. [...] Styria
Styria:

I suspect the Americans were referring to SAE horsepower, not DIN horsepower.