Hillclimb - 17th August 2008 Pics

More threads by SELfor50

SELfor50

Went pretty well today.

Only managed 3 runs as I had to make it to the Raiders match.

The whole Evo crew were there and going really fast without looking like they were.

The usual suspects were all there, and we were also joined by Rick Bates in a Daihatsu Copen (??think i said that right)... 660cc turbo thing. But still quicker than me by 4-5secs. Got some really usefull advice / pointers from Mr Bates throughout the morning also.

I managed to knock over a second off my PB, bringing it down to a 56.11 and am pretty sure with more time on the track today could've easily taken another second off that. Just never got in the groove.

Anyway, was a great day and heres some pics courtesy of Torana68...from 'the other site'.

IMG_0670.png
IMG_0671.png
IMG_0686.png
IMG_0714.png
IMG_0722.png

IMG_0731.png
IMG_0688.png
IMG_0730.png
longcar.png

IMG_0733.png

IMG_0736.png
Hahahah... Don't Drink & Hop!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
That car of yours is looking Top Klass allright...:D

Man, you've had some serious machinery on that track...:rolleyes:

oscar

I reckon with the bumpers gone Cam, there's room for two intercoolers and dual turbos:D Just dreaming on your behalf.

So.... how was the suspension around the hill?

Des

longcar.png

Jolly good show ole boy!

Car looks great

Is there any more work on weight shedding to be done?

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Thanks guys!!

Suspension was really good on the track!! Didn't get to push it too hard in my 3 runs, but next time out will for sure.

Car weighed in officially (after the meet at the weighstation at the tip) at 1570kg's.

Here's a vid for y'all of yesterday.. only one i got as I had nowhere to mount the camera in the car anymore. Vid was shot by a workmate who used a pretty fancy movie camera - so the sound etc is pretty sweet. Crank it loud!!

http://www.lucasblair.com/battlegear/clips/deathproof.mov
(He called it deathproof, cause he thinks the TK car now looks like the car in deathproof)

Enjoy! :)

oscar

LMAO, "Deathproof". Classic!!! So true! Wish I thought of it, it's a fitting name on so many levels. :D:D I don't think I'll ever ride shotgun in that beast again.

Watched the vid, love the sound as usual:cool:
BTW, are you left foot braking? I can't tell by the vid but by about the 7th time I watched the vid I noticed the revs die at the corners. To be honest though, the car looks fast and powerful through the bends and picks up instantly that if you did maintain revs it'd probably spin out or the very least spin that inside wheel. I'm going to have a look at this vid and one of the very first ones. Big improvement I bet.:cool:

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Thanks BB, spot on.. much flatter on the corners now.

Hahah... fully, now that there's no passenger seat i need to make one like that that just sticks into the floor etc. ;)

Yep, left foot braking but still lifting the right foot mostly off... If I had more runs I would've pushed a little harder towards the end, but always next time.. :)

Wakefield in 2 weeks... that's what i'm concentrating on. Got a few things to 'fix' before then.. :eek:

Steering box (too noisy for scrutineers, reco unit)
Swapout half shafts
Dyno tune
Steam clean underneath (oilly underside)
Sunroof removal / replacement.

She'll get there.. :)

BTW: Forgot to mention, results are up: http://www.sdmahillclimb.com/ Click on the Results link (on the left) and then on Sunday 17th August 2008.

I was 1st in my Class by the way... :D

Last edited:
OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

BTW Des, there's always more weight shedding to be done! ;) Next steps will take awhile though... like replacing windows with perspex etc. holesaw ish..

oscar

I was 1st in my Class by the way... :D

Well congrats:cool:

From the looks of the classes I could have got 1st in mine too:D Wish I was there. Oh hang on. I'd be up against the MX6's and RX7's:(

Steering box too noisy?? Man they're picky. Might have to replace Povo's due to a leak, it's pretty wet.

Anyway, not sure about wakefield either. Had a hell of a time with the 350 and adjusting tappets and now have to get some new lifters and don't want to rev the crap out of it. Povo's getting there too but slowly, the 350 got most of my attention over the weekend.