Out in the sun today

More threads by BenzBoy

abl567

Super Moderator
My neck, and now back, are on the mend, still sore but I can move so will be there with Karen, Ruby and Ikey next Sunday. Styria yes I'll be bringing Six 3, I've been sorting fiddly things that have stopped working due to lack of use. Window switches have been stripped down, cleaned in an ultrasonic bath and reassembled solving the on again off again passengers side front window and slow rear windows.
The windscreen washers were inoperative due to the spray nozzles being blocked so that was cleaned and sorted, I now have 2 fire hoses drenching the windscreen after also cleaning the contacts on the foot switch.
One thing has me stumped.
My battery was on its last legs, again due to lack of use, so I replaced it but one symptom I cannot fathom is now, occasionally, I have no crank until I tap the foot brake then it fires right up. I don't need to hold my foot on the brake, just tap the pedal. I can see no connection between the brake light circuit and starting circuit in the wiring diagram. It's a real mystery?

Last edited:

sean sherry

Master
Hi Anthony, i have a circuit Diagram from the States. It covers many models so it should show all the connections common to most Models.
Odd ball problems like yours are mostly caused by faulty grounds.
e.g., earlier Volvos ... foot on brake lit up the dash Lights.

abl567

Super Moderator
Hi Sean,
I have a 6.3 specific wiring diagram and can find no connection between the start circuit and the brake light circuit on the positive side, but will almost bet the farm on your faulty ground diagnosis, all circuits lead to ground and the fact that Six 3 has sat idle for far too long reinforces your thinking. Thanks!!!
Ant

sean sherry

Master
I guess you are aware Anthony, that your wiring circuits are actually back to front. The Earth wires are the feeds for the surplus electron flow (i.e.,current flow.) The components are designed to accommodate this. Transistors ,Diodes etc. In practical terms the conventional wiring diagrams are fine, too well established to change.

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Hi All,

There is a bit of rain forecast for tomorrow morning. I think we should still go ahead, but if the weather is a bit iffy on the day people may want to bring different cars than their original plan. (i.e. I was going to bring a convertible and if it is raining I will probably bring something else).

Bryce

Styria

The Godfather
In my humble opinion, the forecasting skills of the Weather Bureau are at best zilch to nothing. For a long time now, I have noticed that their predictions invariably err on the pessimistic side. Many, many times they have predicted rain or showers, even for four to five days ahead, and they have been wrong.

At this stage, I predict an overcast morning, but sunny breaks and sunshine in the middle of the day. Anyway, I will turn up due to the good graces of SEL69L in his new acquisition, and I am looking forward to meeting up with you guys. Regards Styria

c107

and 111/116/124/126
The weather cleared up and it was a good drive. Especially the last 30 minutes to Oberon, great scenery and wide sweeping corners that let you have a spirited drive without major incursions above the posted limit.

26722710926_105c65d401_b.jpg

26748289185_f0a685f700_b.jpg

26142045164_788eefe36d_b.jpg

260ebenz

Master
Hi Bryce looks to have been a wonderful day for you guys.

Ant's 6.3 looking superb and have not seen that black W210 E-Class feature here on this Forum before who's car is that?

The E-Type Jag what a beauty as well!

Styria

The Godfather
It's interesting to note the speedo reading on C107's Jaguar E-Type. I suspect that he must have taken the photo in one of the slower corners ! I was driving SEL69L's E55AMG, following Bryce in his splendid looking AND performing Jaguar. Several times I remarked to David that Bryce's car must have had a faulty stoplight switch as there was no evidence of him applying his brakes in a number of the fast and tricky sweepers.

I was struggling in the 55AMG to keep up with him by cutting corners, and I was flat out trying to keep up at times and even crossing unbroken double lines, under braking, yet I noticed all this this time that Bryce remained in his lane, nor did he apply his brakes ! I even failed to make any impression on the various overtaking lanes that we were able to use - Admittedly, I did not flatten the accelerator nor did I kick back to a lower gear - I suspect that I would not have made any real impression. Yes, it was a stoking good and hard drive - even Sean in his C200 acquitted himself splendidly in the early part of the drive - prior to him responding to nature requirements at some stage. Regards. Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Regarding the event or outing in its own right. I would express my sincere appreciation of Bryce's effort and initiative in organising what really turned into a splendid day. Great and pleasant company (as it usually is with our GTGs), it was nice to have Karen, as well as Ikey and Ruby, along for the day.

Whilst the weather itself was a little on the breezy side, the predicted showers were nowhere to be seen, and once we were comfortably able to settle in the hotel for a splendid lunch, conversation flowed freely and it is fair to say that everyone had a mist enjoyable time.

Now is the time to look forward to our next GTG on the 22nd of this month at Michel's at Preston. Regards. Styria

N.B. I would also mention that the Mercedes Club is holding its next meeting this Wednesday - all are welcome, and I am pleased to relate that the meetings have now returned to the Canada Bay Club following extensive, and impressive, renovations. It is a splendid setting.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Regarding the event or outing in its own right. I would express my sincere appreciation of Bryce's effort and initiative in organising what really turned into a splendid day. Great and pleasant company (as it usually is with our GTGs), it was nice to have Karen, as well as Ikey and Ruby, along for the day.

Whilst the weather itself was a little on the breezy side, the predicted showers were nowhere to be seen, and once we were comfortably able to settle in the hotel for a splendid lunch, conversation flowed freely and it is fair to say that everyone had a mist enjoyable time.

Now is the time to look forward to our next GTG on the 22nd of this month at Michel's at Preston. Regards. Styria

N.B. I would also mention that the Mercedes Club is holding its next meeting this Wednesday - all are welcome, and I am pleased to relate that the meetings have now returned to the Canada Bay Club following extensive, and impressive, renovations. It is a splendid setting.

Glad you all had a great time!
I also look forward to all of you coming over on May 22.

NB: Godfather, would you please offer my apologies at the MB Club meeting?

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
The road surface from the Great Western Highway to Oberon is NOT the best of surfaces, which includes lots of small potholes and patching.

Yes, we were able to keep up with the E Type, but never able to even remotely use the power that the M113 5.4 litre engine can provide. The rough road surface prevented the better grip characteristics that wide low profile tyres can on much smoother surfaces.
Narrower tyres with a higher aspect ratio, and thus more tyre compliance for the suspension, are a better bet in this case.

My experience is that at at 140km/hr on a sweeper bend with superior road surface, the low profile tyres grip like limpets. You get a great sense of confidence and NON drama.

No tyre can work well, when it spends a good proportion of its time above the road surface, rather ON it.