Tested out the aircon and cooling on the 280 today>>>>>

More threads by Bandolero

Bandolero

Geez it's HOT!!!!:eek::eek:
I was driving around Adelaide today in 42c heat!!:mad::mad:
Aircon kept me cool and the coolant never got over 105c.
On the freeway home it settled on 95c and when I got home the temp at home was 46c!!!!!
So no problems with my cooling and aircon. It certainly got a workout today.
:D:D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
You guys in the Southern states are really suffering.

I feel for you

chrisp

Glad to hear the aircon's working! It's certainly been a brutal few days for South Australia and Victoria by the sounds of it.

I remember when it was 45C on New Year's Day in Sydney a few years back. Fresh off the plane from England I went to Bronte beach, took my thongs off and stepped onto the sand... :eek:

Styria

The Godfather
Hi ChrisP,I wonder if that was two years ago on New Year's Day - it was absolutely stinking hot, and on the day, my Galah by the name of Billy disappeared within a period of about fifteen minutes. Not a sign of him, no feathers, absolutely nothing.

That bird was a real 'talker' and 'whistler', he would imitate my coughing and he would even mimic the dogs'' barks. Anyway, I pedalled on my 'pushie' virtually the whole day, without finding him on a day when the temperature was pretty close to 40 degrees.

Bandy, it's great to know that the Air Con is working so well in your car. Can't quite recall, was it your 280 or the 6.9 you were driving ? Presently, Sydney is pretty hot as well, but still bearable. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I remember when it was 45C on New Year's Day in Sydney a few years back. Fresh off the plane from England I went to Bronte beach, took my thongs off and stepped onto the sand... :eek:

I bet you stepped back OFF the sand pretty quick....

ScaredSmiley.gif

OP
B

Bandolero

The 280. I didn't want to take my 6.9 in case the heat got to the car, or me.:mad:
As it was I felt a bit "yuk" because I had to do errands in Adelaide, so I was getting in and out of the car all the time...........and the HEAT!!!!!! :eek:

John S

Originally Posted by chrisp
I remember when it was 45C on New Year's Day in Sydney a few years back. Fresh off the plane from England I went to Bronte beach, took my thongs off and stepped onto the sand...

I had to laugh, couldn't help it! Sorry.

Styria

The Godfather
It was a bit like Riverdance, only less coordinated.

Well, I can just imagine - those soft, and usually well protected, English feet..... Mind you, with the hot temperatures we are having at the moment, try using tools that may be inadvertently left in the sun or inside a car....even with doors opened, those tools become like hot coal and very trying to use. Regards Styria